• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I think Palmetto State Armory is hard to beat in the "bang for your buck" category. When you get stuff on sale you can easily build a very capable AR for around 600 bucks.

ErickW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    I agree with the above post. Check their website regularly and you can easily piece one together. I bought a complete PSA m4 and it is a very nice rifle especially for the price point.

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis
    In the process of building another AR-15 now for my Daughter, but my first was The Oly Plinker Plus and I have been very happy with it ! Put a Vortex Strikefire on it and have ran about 300 rounds and she is a sweet shooter. I know the had some problems back in the day, but they seem well built.

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    I don't want to bash PSA but I haven't seen any deals from them in a while. I have several PSA lowers that I bought for $50 on black friday sales. All have excelent fit and finish. I still check their website most days to see whats on sale but have to pass on most. Heck I got a vortex strike fire from them for $129 a year or so ago.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I just completed a PSA build. Buying "blem" parts, I have a completed rifle for $450.

At 1st & 2nd look, you will find nothing wrong with the rifle. If you really, really look, the black finish is a little thin on one side of the lower receiver. I can live with that for a working $450 AR15.

(edit- That does not include the price of the carry handle/rear sight. I already had a couple of those laying around)

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im in the process of my first AR build. I went with a blemished lower, and when I can, I will go with a blem upper to. I have no desire to create a wall trophy, just want it to shoot decent. So far, PSA has turned out to be a good option, Im sure there are others, Im just not aware of them.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    What is your budget for this gun? We can all see suggested retail prices but every places prices very as you never stated where you were looking to purchase any of them from.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Which one is the best bang for my buck? I know these are not the best choices but they are the only ones I can choose. It will be a plinker and possible home defense.

I think we need to come back to the OP's question..... It sounds as if he is asking for opinions on the three listed guns.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    A son-in-law just bought a S&W AR Sportsman 16 inch carbine from a local gunshop. It works perfectly right out of the box. $600 Tough to build one for that.

Edit to add: I just saw the poll. I have no opinion on truly junk guns.

Top Bottom