Best Bang for Buck AR rail...on a budget?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    On the hunt, as it were...

~150 budget. May be able to get it up to $175 for a gem, so to speak.

I want a 14-15" MLOK FreeFloat rail (that comes with a barrel nut if it needs a special one). Yes, I want to go with MLOK vs. KeyMod.

I have a 16" rifle barrel and I LOVE the "monolithic" look of a full length / close to full length rail.

Does not have to be suppressor compatible - as I don't have one and don't plan on SBRing.

NOT quad-rail.

Much prefer the full-length Pic rail on top.

Color: black

I LOVE the aesthetics of the Diamondhead rails that have the slanted muzzle end. However - they're not MLOK.

I think that my price range will give me about 500 options...

I've talked with a few INGOers via PM their opinions and whatnot, but I want to open discussion up to everyone.

And....GO!

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Look at Strike Industries Mega Fins XL, Aero Precision M-Lok Handguards, Troy Industries Alpha Rail & Seekins Precision MCSR M-Lok. I have used all of them for recent builds and have been pleased with the quality of the products. All came in around $150-175

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Look at Strike Industries Mega Fins XL, Aero Precision M-Lok Handguards, Troy Industries Alpha Rail & Seekins Precision MCSR M-Lok. I have used all of them for recent builds and have been pleased with the quality of the products. All came in around $150-175

Thanks!

SMOS Arms has also been recommended to me as well as ALG.

I often suffer from analysis paralysis... I should just buy one. But I want it to look purdy! :D

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    The BCM KMR Alpha full length is slightly higher than the upper end of your budget.

Edit never mind... you wank mlok.... I thought it was mlok or keymod

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SMOS. I've got two SM13's. I'd like to try one of their GFY models out as well. Definitely the best rail you'll find at $150.

Edit: Just saw who the OP was. You got my PM. Lots of good options out there for you. Good luck with your decision.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This is a timely topic. That last time I configured a rifle, keymod and mlok did not exist! Things have changed and I have no direct experience with any of the new stuff, but I need to acquire a new upper soon.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    For $150, SMOS. /Thread. But options open up considerably along with opinions when budget goes > $175

I just can't go above $175 inclusive of shipping. But, yes, you're right. If I had $400 to blow a nice carbon fiber rail would be slick, like those that Christiansen Arms installs on their guns. :drool:

Top Bottom