• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    I feel your pain. My wife and I go to a couple Cubs games each year. Hell, last year we spent our honeymoon in Chicago. If I had to guess, I'd say I spent damn near as much on real dogs as I did on my 55 day dry aged kobe fillet. lol My wife works right next to King David's dogs, but I'm yet to try it.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I heard you can get some good dogs and sausages at 501 Eagle, Varsity, and the Unicorn Club. I'm not sure they serve their dogs with ketchup so you should be good.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ^^^That's hilarious!! I don't think anybody got the joke though! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    that place does look really good too! too bad im boycotting carmel in honor of liberty sanders.

There is stupidity and injustice everywhere, not just Carmel.
    I live walking distance from Zacky's. If you change your mind or just want to take a break from your boycott for an hour, let me know and I'll buy you a dog.:yesway:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'll have to give Zacky's a try, but I think you're not going to get a better suggestion than King David's Dogs. They are phenomenal. Better than anything I've had in New York OR Chicago; and that includes Papaya Dog and Superdawg, neither of which are slouches.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Zacky's also has an extremely friendly atmosphere. That goes a long way.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    ok folks, I know if there is any place im gonna get the truth about good food its among this crowd here :rockwoot:

So my fellow good food connoisseurs, where can I find the best traditional hot dog in INDY? if you give me any place serving dogs with ketchup on it im gonna slap you :):.

I don't know if this helps but another member on here is selling the best dog in the world in the classified section. :):

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Fat Dan's Deli. 815 Broad Ripple Ave. They even say that Ketchup never touches their dogs. I have not tried this place but the menu description fits what I remember from my 8 years living in Chicago. Most of the places around here that served a REAL Chicago dog or REAL Italian beef didn't last long. Get it while you can.

And if what he bills as a Maxwell Street Polish is legit, I have found my Zanadu!!!

Fat Dan's Deli - The Home of the Chicago Beef Right in Broad Ripple!

Last edited:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Fat Dan's Deli. 815 Broad Ripple Ave. They even say that Ketchup never touches their dogs. I have not tried this place but the menu description fits what I remember from my 8 years living in Chicago. Most of the places around here that served a REAL Chicago dog or REAL Italian beef didn't last long. Get it while you can.

And if what he bills as a Maxwell Street Polish is legit, I have found my Zanadu!!!

Fat Dan's Deli - The Home of the Chicago Beef Right in Broad Ripple!

Oh yeah!! I almost forgot about Fat Dans. They have good BBQ also. Dan makes a helluva of a Chi-Dog! Dan Jarmin is a helluva a guy and he's got a great little eatery in Broad Ripple.:rockwoot:

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Nothing beats a Sonoran Dog. mmmmmm I think i'll have one tonight. Hot dog wrapped in bacon and grilled, placed into a sweet bun, topped with mustard, mayo, jalapeno sauce, little bit of shredded cheese, tomoatoes and onions. Oh my they are so tasty!!!!!!!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    The closest place to Indy for a good dog would be Chicago. End of discussion ;). Kirk, our pizza is better than NY as well.

Top Bottom