• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    Considering a new purchase in a 9mm compact or sub-compact pistol for an ankle rig. Give me some opinions everyone...Not interested in revolvers or rugers..sorry. Wanting to find a pistol to compliment my side arm in 9mm for ankle carry only. Thanks.......:patriot:

I bought a Sig P238 and really like it for CC. Very easy to conceal.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    After visiting the range today and shooting my Glock 27 and 23 at 10, 20 and 30 yards the 23 was the real winner. The 27 with Federal 180gr HSTs put em pretty tight at 10 and 20 yards but, maybe because of the short sight radius, sprayed them into a 6" group about 5" above the aim point at 30yds. The 23 loves 180gr Speer Gold Dots and kept them an inch or two above point of aim from 10 out to 30 yards. The 30 yd group was about 3" off bags.

Why do I bring this up here? Because I've ankle carried the G23 before and with boot cut jeans and 6" high work-type boot it hides pretty well and is very comfortable to carry in a Galco Ankle Glove. I've belt carried it quite a bit but switched to the 27 when I knew I would have to wear it on the ankle when "concealed means concealed." But now with the really good accuracy and the 13+1 capacity of the 23 I'll carry it full time.

(My G30 did pretty good with 230gr GDs too. Surprisingly I've also ankle carried it and it's no problem. I'd hate to have to choose between getting hit in the chest with either round.)

flyboy727

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Evansville area
    I have carried a Sig P 238 on my ankle the past couple of years. Its small and I liked the gun, but I just sold it and now have a Sig P938 9mm. I love it.

I also have Glock 26, which is a great gun.

hcsdstan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2012
    I'd vote for G26 or possibly the Ruger LC9. Although the LC9 is getting some poor feedback lately.

Top Bottom