• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I've got one of the beretta Storm carbines in 9mm, setup for the 92FS mags and a 92FS to go with her. 15, 17, 20, and 32 round mags for the both of them. They both run flawless, easy to break down and clean if need be and some real joys to shoot. Would buy another one in a heartbeat... By the way, the sub2k comes in a beretta 92FS mag model also...

Another interesting point about the 9mm carbine versus the pistol barrel length... they produce more velocity in the carbine than the same round in a pistol... When I destroy hard drives with the carbine and the pistol... the pistol will break the HD's open but it won't shatter them, like the carbine will... You should enjoy whichever carbine you decide to get..

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've got one of the beretta Storm carbines in 9mm, setup for the 92FS mags and a 92FS to go with her. 15, 17, 20, and 32 round mags for the both of them. They both run flawless, easy to break down and clean if need be and some real joys to shoot. Would buy another one in a heartbeat... By the way, the sub2k comes in a beretta 92FS mag model also...

Another interesting point about the 9mm carbine versus the pistol barrel length... they produce more velocity in the carbine than the same round in a pistol... When I destroy hard drives with the carbine and the pistol... the pistol will break the HD's open but it won't shatter them, like the carbine will... You should enjoy whichever carbine you decide to get..
    Ummm, yeah. The longer barrel means the projectile is in it for a longer period of time allowing more pressure to build in the chamber....you get the advantage of having more of the powder burn before the bullet leaves the barrel. You should notice greater accuracy at much greater distances too.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I have a Hi Point 995 TS, works great, paid $280 for it at Big R in Crawfordsville.
    The only downside is they only make 10 round mags. A 30 round would be nice.

I haven't seen 30 rounders but I know they make 15 round magazines. ProMag makes them and I've seen them under $20.

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I never "got" pistol round carbines....then I picked up that MPA 971.
    It's a heavy tank of a carbine, but really enjoy shooting it.
    It has me looking at the AR 9MM variations at my LGS now.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Throttlejockey, Sorry didn't mean to state something that was obvious... You are correct about trajectory also.... I noticed that the pistol has a 8 foot drop at 225 yards, but the carbine is more like 5 foot of drop.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DHH_0810Pw.jpg

Just Right Carbine. I need to take a new pic since it now has an A2 flash hider. ;)

DHH_1422Pw.jpg

:D

Gunbunnies, are you bringing your Beretta on May 20th? :D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    No problem Throttlejockey, after re-reading my original post I thought I had said the obvious also...

Nipperdog : I think I'm gonna have to clean her... Haven't cleaned her in quite a while and friday I put 200 rounds through her and then again today I put 400 rounds through her and she has a lot of lead build up inside, still runs like a top but still.... She will be all clean and presentable for you on the 20th.... bring lots of 9mm to shoot the heck out of her... Guns are made to be shot... shot alot... Don't you know...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    While I loved my Hi-Point, I sold it to buy the a Just Right, and the great thing is that you're not locked into one caliber, you can buy conversion kits for .40 S&W and .45 ACP, also on the plus side it is configurable for either either left or right ejection or charging.

Mine below with a Magpul AFG2 and a NC Star holo on it, also it no longer had the stock grip, has a nice Houge rubber grip on it now. Plus side on it using Glock mags, comes with 1 ten rounder and I added 2 - 17's and 2 - 33's. So far about 450 rounds with nary a problem.

If I can ever get my buddy off his kester, he's going to video the next shooting session and I'll put up a detailed review of it.

JRC11.jpg

DHH_0810Pw.jpg

Just Right Carbine. I need to take a new pic since it now has an A2 flash hider. ;)

^^^^^THIS!!

I have one and they function great. Mine runs on anything you throw at it, and they take Glock mags. Great little gun. I also have a hipoint. It also runs flawless, but only ten shots at a time.:ar15:

Top Bottom