• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    10/22 you can get used one for less than 200 bucks, new for not much more, the only gun they make more after market stuff for is the AR platform...It is the best .22 out there.....I like the Marlin 60 too, and can't go wrong with a Savage 93...but IMHO 10/22 is the s&%t!!!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    10/22 you can get used one for less than 200 bucks, new for not much more, the only gun they make more after market stuff for is the AR platform...It is the best .22 out there.....I like the Marlin 60 too, and can't go wrong with a Savage 93...but IMHO 10/22 is the s&%t!!!

Only paid $197 for mine brand spanking new. It's the plain jane carbine version, but it's a fine gun.

Still haven't figure out how to get the bolt out, though... more accurately, how to get it back in, so I haven't taken it out. The manual is less than helpful. I've just been dripping a little solvent under it, working the bolt, drying it out best I can, and oiling it. Hasn't malfunctioned yet, manual makes it sound as if taking the bolt out isn't particularly necessary. Reckon we'll see!

darkwang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Michiana
    LOVE my 10/22 and my S&W M&P 15-22 bought the Ruger new and the M&P used. They cost about the same since I found good deals. Probably the best money ive spent so far on firearms. Cheap, fun, reliable, accurate. Just great!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    If you are walking through the woods squirrel hunting with an AR look alike you may get more attention than you want.

Man, can't wait to see what kind of attention I get from the deer, squirrels and trees I encounter while carrying my aimpointed M&P15-22 into the woods next weekend.

I'm kind of excited now!:rolleyes:

LOVE my 10/22 and my S&W M&P 15-22 bought the Ruger new and the M&P used. They cost about the same since I found good deals. Probably the best money ive spent so far on firearms. Cheap, fun, reliable, accurate. Just great!

Yeah, M&P15-22 has been a lot of fun for a lot of people so far since I had them. First one I bought I wound up selling because it didn't have a threaded barrel and now I have one that's threaded awaiting my clearance from BATFE for Corey of Safe&Secure to deliver my supressor(s) to me.

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    I got a Marlin 995 as a gift from my girlfriends dad and I love it! :) Before I had that I had a Mossberg 702 plinkster that I bought at Dick's for $120 and but a $15 BSA scope from Walmart on it. It was great to shoot too!! Had the occasional FTE but it was pretty accurate. Only reason I let it go was because I didn't need two 22's and I'd rather keep the one gifted to me :)

pharmboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shelbyville
    Best value in a .22LR semi-auto, I'm gonna vote for the Marlin Model 60, plus they're always on the used market, usually for around $100.

mandolin3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm going with the Ruger 10/22 crowd. I've had one for 36 years...in it's younger years it was abused (rain, mud, lack of cleanings, etc.) and I've never had any problems whatsoever. As previously stated, more accessories and available options than any other .22!

theobaldtpt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Hi I'm New1

Hi!
    I'm new to this type of e-mail.
    I am an avid hunter and like to fish!
    I have a CCW permit and like 9mm handguns.
    I'm considering buying a .17 HMR rifle but don't know where to fire it? Friends say the Target World doesn't let you shoot .22 Mag's or HMR's.
    Hi again!
    Theo:welcome:

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Look closely at your LTCH. If it's from Indiana it does not specify concealed carry. Ought to be plenty of places to shoot a .17HMR. Look in the FAQ's for the complete list of Indiana ranges, and call a few of them close to you.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    to the OP. Thompson Center classic. Best out of the box accuracy in my experience and you don't have to fiddle with it to get it. This one is for sale.
    DSCN1131.jpg

DSCN1132.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

FS T/C Classic pre R55 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Top Bottom