• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I still have a soft spot for the Browning Buckmarks. All of them that I have owned over the years have been excellent shooters.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    there seems to be a lot of ruger out there for sale and not very many Browning it like people keep them and not the ruger as much

There are just more rugers in circulation.

I'm sure Brownings are great as well. However, if a Ruger .22 (MK II) is good enough for Navy Seals... its good enough for me. I think either would be a fine choice for low end target shooting.

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Another vote for the Ruger...

I have never shot the mark III, but own several mark II's and couldn't be happier.

I suggested the Ruger Mark III because that's what we use in the NSSF's "First-Shots" program to teach new shooters the basics.

They are very nice little plinkers, and every bit as accurate as most shooters.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They are very nice little plinkers, and every bit as accurate as most shooters.

Little ? You can get them in up to 10.5 barrel length's... :D Well, at least in the Mark II's... I am not familiar with the Mark III's...

DSCN1868.jpg

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Another vote for the Ruger...

I have never shot the mark III, but own several mark II's and couldn't be happier.

Same experience for me. I love my MK II Competition model (and admittedly, it's been customized), but haven't shot a MKIII. If I had it to do right now, I'd get the same slab-side Competition model in a MKIII. The fluted barrel of the Hunter model also looks kind of cool, but I don't care for the hi-viz front sight or the "speed notch" set up of the rear sight. Then again, I'd probably put an optic sight on it anyway, but I digress..

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Same experience for me. I love my MK II Competition model (and admittedly, it's been customized), but haven't shot a MKIII. If I had it to do right now, I'd get the same slab-side Competition model in a MKIII. The fluted barrel of the Hunter model also looks kind of cool, but I don't care for the hi-viz front sight or the "speed notch" set up of the rear sight. Then again, I'd probably put an optic sight on it anyway, but I digress..

There has been a few Mark III's that have caught my eye but haven't grabbed one yet... Probably the biggest obstacle keeping me from doing it is it hasn't been all that long since I have mastered putting the mark II's
    together and don't know if I want a curve thrown at me with the mark III... LOL

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Little ? You can get them in up to 10.5 barrel length's... :D Well, at least in the Mark II's... I am not familiar with the Mark III's...

DSCN1868.jpg

I guess "little" is relative. I have a penchant for the big-bore, hand cannons. That Ruger Mark III looks and feels like a pop-gun compared to my Taurus Raging Bull(.454 Casull) and my Magnum Research Desert Eagle(.44mag), or even my Savage Striker (.308 Win).

Yes, I see the Ruger Mark III as "little", ...not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Top Bottom