• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There is a good place for decent deals on the west side of indy. It is called "West side loan"
    Yes, it is a pawn shop but they have a really decent assortment of New and used guns on display. The new pieces are priced as fairly as anywhere i have looked. They have some really nice 1911's in the case. a NIB Springer Trophy NM (one of my favorites) a Rem. in stainless down to the RIA's. Several Glocks and many others in all price ranges. Many AR's, shot and bolt guns as well. There is a NIB 10/22 ruger for $319 and that is as good a price as I have seen locally. My buddy Al (fellow ingo member) will take good care of you.
    They are located at 10th and Tibbs. Stop in and check out the clientele for entertainment.

MadAngler1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Looking to get a 1911. I have noticed quite a variety available and at different prices. I have a friend who loves his Springfield mil spec, but was curious about reviews on the lower priced ones such as Remington, Rock Island etc. Any input is appreciated. thanks

Dan Wesson hands down. They use mostly the right parts, and they seem to be put together well. Other than buying a > $2k pistol, I think a Dan Wesson is a far better choice than a Kimber or Springfield Loaded. I haven't had any experience with the newer Colts, so I can't comment on their quality.

Str8himalaya

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Gen I Kimber if you can find one

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Agreed :D once I got my extractor dialed in, been very very pleased with mine. Best money I ever spend on a firearm!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    There are a lot of good choices out there. Frankly, we live in the renaissance of 1911s, and everyone and his dog makes one.

Personally, I think Springfield is the best value, especially the Loaded lineup. You are getting a 1911 with all the standard modifications already done, done correctly, and warrantied. I bought one in 2002 or 2003, and other than the night sights are getting dim now its almost like new. Eats anything you want to run through it, the mag funnel is perfect (not too big, not too small), the trigger is soooo good. How good? Its like eating a bacon sandwich while watching attractive ladies do yoga, and getting paid for the experience. Yes, its that good.

There are guns that are cheaper that are just as reliable (Rock River comes to mind), and there are more expensive models that might be a touch nicer (Kimbers from "back in the day" come to mind). Springfield resides in the middle of the "X" where price and value meet.

schick84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Boone County
    I'm new to the site and i personally do not own one but what about a Taurus pt1911? I think you can pick one up in the 550-650 range new.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have a Para GI Expert in stainless and absolutly couldnt be happier with it. I carry it and have shot informal matches with it. Use Chip McCormic stainless mags. I also reload 230 grain cast bullets for it. Very accurate, not a lot of frills gun,with a few modern updats such as bobbed hammer, nice target trigger, white dot sights. I paid 625 for it.

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Dan Wesson hands down. They use mostly the right parts, and they seem to be put together well. Other than buying a > $2k pistol, I think a Dan Wesson is a far better choice than a Kimber or Springfield Loaded. I haven't had any experience with the newer Colts, so I can't comment on their quality.

If you know who is selling Dan Wessons for what the OP is looking to pay.....PM me, please....i'll go buy em out:D.
    I have a couple DWs and they are very nice guns, but hardly entry level priced. I also have a couple Rock Islands and a few in between. In my opinion the Rock Island tactical is the best value out there, they come with sights, hammer, and beavertail already upgraded from the GI model and can be had for not much over $400 if you shop around. I have had one for a few years now, it shoots any bullet out of any magazine and never gives me any trouble.

Chetna

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Cedar Lake
    Check out the lineup from Dan Wesson might be a little pricey it's a quality piece you can keep for life. Even if you decide to sell it they have almost a cult following. Fit and finish is second to none besides some of the custom pieces out there. Even my razorback 10mm which at the time was a lower end pistol from them it's great and always gets looks at the range

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Metro Arms

This summer I had the chance to shoot a Metro Arms 45 1911.
    The owner tells me it shoots better than his Remington.
    I thought it was the most accurate pistol I have ever shot.
    For your info.

ederue

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    I love my Kimber Custom II- base line for a Kimber but it out performs many of the other 1911s that I've shot. The mag it comes with is mediocre, I'd invest in a few Wilson mags- but the Kimber frame can't be beat.

Top Bottom