• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Ok I originally bought it about a little bit less than two years ago. Fired it about 25 times it would not stop jamming on the third round.Sent it back for repairs 8 weeks later its back. Again I fired it about 25 times using a variety of ammo. Have not picked it up since. Been almost a year. It seems to be running fine now. In the mean time I have been carrying. My 92G in the heat of summer in the South. So I am debatting on selling it. What makes me a tad nervious is that it had been repaired and I only have 25 rounds. Through it?Again it seems ok but I could never live with myself if I sold it to someone and I was wrong about all being well. So do I just sit on it? Or do I have the perspective buyer run any kind if ammo through it and as much as they want. That way there is full disclosure?Thoughts please?

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Don't take this wrong, but are you sure it wasn't you limp-wristing the pistol?
    It's easy to do, especially with the snappy little compact firearms.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Don't take this wrong, but are you sure it wasn't you limp-wristing the pistol?It's easy to do, especially with the snappy little compact firearms.
    Yes I had a firm grip on it. Two other people had the same issue with it. Additionally the gun Smith confirmed the was an issue with it that was addressed under warranty. When I got it back I purposely used less than my normal grip on it trying to get it to fail. No issues with Monarch ammo both steel cased and brass. Tmj fmj and Jhp were used. I even mixed brands in the same magazine. No issues.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    take it to a range and run a couple/few hundred rounds through it, see if you can "break it in" "get it running" then sell it? ...or keep it. either way you seem honest enough to me that I'd probably buy a reasonably priced gun from you with your disclosure.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    I would disclose and you should be ok. Having the manufacturer work on it versus some random local shop will help ease the buyer's worry. I would also include the paperwork from the warranty work.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bersa does have a lifetime warranty. I think they advertise it as being for the original owner only, but I've heard stories of people buying used guns and sending them back to Bersa with good results.

There is a forum for Bersa owners called Bersachat.com. I have an account there but it's been a couple years since I've been on.

Top Bottom