• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a Bersa Thunder 380 yesterday and after about 100 rounds at the range, am pretty happy with it. I got this one to use for concealed carry during times where my 1911 feels a bit large for what I'm wearing. Are these decent weapons to carry? I don't see much written on them. Is there anything I need to be worried about with this?

The 380 functioned very well at the range and seemed reasonably accurate. Like just about all weapons, it's more accurate than I am. Anyone else have one of these?

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    They are some of the worst weapons to own,,,,,,,,,,,you are putting your life in jeapordy owning one. I had better take it off your hands so you will be safe. I will put it with the other TWO I own,,,:draw:.

Seriously..........I currently have the thunder 380 and firestorm 380. The wife will carry either one of these and I feel comfortable with her doing so.
    I have found them to be fairly accurate and reliable. But no matter what you carry, it has to feel comfortable to you. For if it is not,then you will not practice, and without practicing you will have an expensive "ROCK" :twocents:
    FYI there is a Bersa owners group on this board....

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I've had mine for 5 years. Only one failure to feed (a flat tipped round) My Bersa probibly digested about 1,500 rounds of other ammo without problems. With Remington Golden Saber 102gr hollowpoints, I have carried it many times.
    I'd recommend it for pocket or IWB carry without hesitation. Enjoy.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's good to hear. So far, it seems to be fun one to shoot. I think the wife will like shooting this much more than the .45 1911. Thanks for the feedback on this.

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Bersa is hands-down THE most under-rated/under-appreciated firearm in existance.
    The Bersa 380 was the first handgun I owned.
    After 12 years, it has yet to fail in any way.

I've bought and sold many Glocks, Sigs and Colts.
    The Bersa stays.

SCAR

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Valparaiso Indiana
    Had one for about 10 years and never had a issue (close to 2k through it) untill last year. My wife took it with her and some girlfriends on a range trip and it came back without the rear sight insert, the frame that held the insert is still there but the sights are gone.
    This reminds me that I really need to find a replacement!

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    I have had a bersa for years, that is until my Dad died and out of all my handguns that is the one mom liked the best. Dad was a wheel gun fan, and the 357's were just a bit much for her. I think they are a great CCW gun.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Bersa firearms in general are very good. The 380 is easy to shoot compared to the P3AT but I still will use the Keltec since it is so small and has a place in my lineup.

There was/is some problem with one of the springs in the 380 but Bersa has a lifetime guarantee so I don't worry about it. I have never had a problem.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Bersa has been the only gun on this website to consistently get any praise. I was warned against a 9mm bersa for my first handgun and I'm a little resentful.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Dang, after all the good experience everyone has had, I might just need to go pick up another one. After all, if one is good, then two must be better.

380 auto is available at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood for $19.99 a box (50 rounds) for FMJ and $22.95 a box of 25 of Hornady Personal Defense ammo.

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I bought one for my wife about 2 months ago. I had heard they were reliable guns for the price and I wanted to get something that was a good fit for her. I did have to send it back to have the spring disconnect repaired and I also had to have the slide reworked because I was having a sight allignment issue. Since it was returned I have been very pleased with it's performance. I shot it at the range this weekend and the sight issue and spring disconnect issue have been fixed. I bought the gun from Beech Grove Firearms and they covered the cost of sending it back for repairs. It took about a month to get it back and BGF was very helpful and called me as soon as it was returned. I look forward to doing some more testing as soon as I can get some cheaper ammo!

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    I had one, but traded for a KT 32. It had the nickle finish, I wish i would have gotten the blued one, i would still own it.

Top Bottom