• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sivins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Hello all. I am new to the gun world. Just bought my first. Its a bersa thunder .380. If theres anything anyone can tell me about it that would be great!:)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bersa Thunder is a fine pistol. Congrats on your purchase!

Be sure to stop in the Introductions and Greetings forum. :thumbsup:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I just bought one for my sister and she loves it. Actually, it was the Firestorm, which I understand is pretty much the same gun. We both thought the ergonomics was great, it points great, and it seemed pretty accurate right off.

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    I too own a Bersa Thunder .380. Love it! You can visit the forum here dedicated to Bersa.

Bersa Talk

Lots of information and helpful hints! And as you'll soon discover, Bersa's are an addiction like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just one!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I too own a Bersa Thunder .380. Love it! You can visit the forum here dedicated to Bersa.

Bersa Talk

Lots of information and helpful hints! And as you'll soon discover, Bersa's are an addiction like Lay's potato chips...you can't have just one!

Hey! No linking to other gun forums! :mods:

/No, seriously, I'm just messing with you. :D

sivins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks. I met a guy the other day at a gander mt. He told me about the forum. glad he did

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I bought a Bersa Thunder 380CC for my wife and a Bersa Thunder 380DT for my daughter. They both love their new easy to conceal firearms. With a few hundred trouble free rounds fired by both weapons, it just confirmed what I'd read about these Bersas... they are inexpensive and very reliable.

Since my wife and daughter planned to carry these guns for self defense, I did a lot of research into them. After a lot of reading and cruising the Bersa Talk forum, I decided that I trust the weapons enough for their safety.:yesway:

sivins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Thats good to hear. I spent about 2 weeks trying to find the 380 or the bersa 9mm, in my area, with no luck. But yesterday i had a friend i wrk with tell me about a place that just got a shippment in. So i went there after wrk and bought it. I am so far very pleased :D

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Nice gun for what it is. Fun to shoot. Now you need to buy some spare magazines if you haven't already (and if it didn't come with extras - which they do not new).

ShadowGoose

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    No Where
    I have a Bersa Conceled Carry 380. I got for $275 and never have had a problem with it. I also know three other people that have a Bersa 380 and they all love theirs.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I took my new Bersa Thunder .380 to the range a couple of weeks ago. I only planned on shooing one box of ammo through it, just a little bit of break in and feed testing. Then I was going to go back to shooting my carry gun.

Shooting the Bersa was so much fun that after I had done about half the carry gun shooting I had planned on I went back to the Bersa. it was accurate and the recoil was quite manageable. I shot just about every 380 round I owned.

My only regret is that due to the relatively high cost of .380 ammo I hadn't bought enough to make a full day of it.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Nice gun for what it is. Fun to shoot. Now you need to buy some spare magazines if you haven't already (and if it didn't come with extras - which they do not new).

I'll be getting spare mags for mine soon, because cosermann is right. The Bersa just comes with one.

You have to be careful when you buy them, though. There are fakes out there that carry factory markings and have been causing malfunctions.

See the message at the bottom of Bersa's main page, then click the link at the bottom to see what a low-quality knockoff looks like.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I picked up a Bersa 380 Thunder just before Christmas (an early present to me!) and I love shooting it. I just picked up the 22 round drum made by Pro Mag from CheaperThanDirt.com (in case they ban them). I guess I'll be all Al Capone at the range :ar15:, but I thought it might be fun. I'll give you a report once I shoot it with the new mags and try to post some pictures. I also picked up a Pro Mag 10 round 380 magazine which I haven't tried either. It fits nice, though it sticks out the bottom of the grip since it is a single stack, but it will add a couple of more shots rom 7 to 10.

I'll let you know how they work out. Have fun with yours...

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I have a Bersa .380 and it's a great little gun. Here are some tips . When re-assembling it, make sure you put the recoil spring on the correct way. One end is smaller than the other (stick your pinky in to test which side is smaller). The small end goes on first. The gun will actually work either way, but the correct way is small end on first.

As for ammo. SamcoGlobal.com has some awesome 9mm Browning Short Ball (.380 acp) ammo for $57 per 250 (the price keeps rising because last month it was $47 per 250). It is very very very very nice ammo and it's pretty inexpensive at $.22 per round.

As for magazines, CondorsFlight.com has authentic Bersa magazines for a decent price (Bersa mags are very expensive). Use "Bersatalk" as a coupon code and I think you get a 10% discount.

Bersatalk.com is a great forum for getting info.

By the way, I have a Bersa 9mm UC and .45 UC now because I liked the .380 so much. I honestly think Bersa makes the best inexpensive gun out there. Very inexpensive and seem to be built well with very little problems. I would carry any of mine with complete confidence.

sivins

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    I have noticed one thing with my gun tho. Its new, never been fired. The mag holds 7 rounds, and when i chamber the first round, somtimes it does not close the slide all the way. I have to kinda push it forward. But if the mag has 6 rounds in it, it chambers no prob. like it should. Any news on this!!? I have a friend that bought the same gun. He said you can squeeze 8 rounds into the clip but wont chamber. So im thinking that seven is the max because of the tension force and any more rounds would prevent it from chambering.

Patient Zer0

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    Peru/Kokomo
    Cramming extra rounds into a mag is a no-no. It puts undue stress on the feed lips and can damage the mag, not to mention that it generally won't fit in the gun that way and when it does, its a recipe for a FTF.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I have noticed one thing with my gun tho. Its new, never been fired. The mag holds 7 rounds, and when i chamber the first round, somtimes it does not close the slide all the way. I have to kinda push it forward. But if the mag has 6 rounds in it, it chambers no prob. like it should. Any news on this!!? I have a friend that bought the same gun. He said you can squeeze 8 rounds into the clip but wont chamber. So im thinking that seven is the max because of the tension force and any more rounds would prevent it from chambering.

I would not worry about some of the tightness in the pistol. I bought one for my wife and one for my daughter and they each had similar issues at first, but those issues went away after firing a few boxes of ammo.

If you need to talk to others in the Bersa family, you may want to head over to the Bersa Talk forums. :: Bersa Talk :: - Forums

Top Bottom