• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I really like the Bersa's. I have the Thunder 380 CC and the High Capacity 9mm Thunder. Compared to the diminutive P3AT, the Bersa 380 is a joy to shoot, but I still carry the P3AT when I need a pocket gun. The High Capacity pistol, IMHO, is their best pistol, at least for me with the 17+1 capacity.

They are fantastic pistols for the price. The older High Capacity like I have is discontinued and the new model has a rail, which I don't care for, and a loaded chamber indicator, which I never use because mine is always loaded when I carry or I always check.

bersathunderhclarge.gif

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I really like the Bersa's. I have the Thunder 380 CC and the High Capacity 9mm Thunder. Compared to the diminutive P3AT, the Bersa 380 is a joy to shoot, but I still carry the P3AT when I need a pocket gun. The High Capacity pistol, IMHO, is their best pistol, at least for me with the 17+1 capacity.

They are fantastic pistols for the price. The older High Capacity like I have is discontinued and the new model has a rail, which I don't care for, and a loaded chamber indicator, which I never use because mine is always loaded when I carry or I always check.

bersathunderhclarge.gif

I'd like to find a 9mm eventually. I haven't had my 380 long, but it is a blast to shoot, super easy to field strip and clean, great safety features, and yanno, the Duo Tone looks pretty sweet too! The detractors can call my Bersa a welfare gun all the want, I like it dang it!

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    My daughter actually asked me my opionion on a bersa thunder in 9mm. Unfortunately I have no first hand knowledge of there quality or functionallity. Any help here would be appreciated. Also pricing is a question since she viewed it at a local shop off of 38th and layfayette, you know the place......

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    My daughter actually asked me my opionion on a bersa thunder in 9mm. Unfortunately I have no first hand knowledge of there quality or functionallity. Any help here would be appreciated. Also pricing is a question since she viewed it at a local shop off of 38th and layfayette, you know the place......

I've been looking for a 9uc for a while without success. From what I've read at bersatalk.com, many there consider the 9 as their best firearm overall.

Also, I can't speak from personal experience, but if you look at the various gun shop reviews on this site, you will see that Don's occupies a place in people's minds well south of everyone else in Indiana. It is in a class by itself.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

At Don's, they are all priced at a minimum of $100 over list price. If you contact someone like KarlsGunBunker, he can get them for you out of Century or SOG for around $300 plus a modest transfer fee and shipping. List is something like $429 for a Compact duo tone 9mm.

I picked up my High Capacity 9mm at the 1500 gun show for $309 plus tax before the "gold rush". It might still be a place to look though.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I don't have one myself. I've definitely thought of getting one though. And still might for a nice backup. But one of the women at my church just got one a couple weeks ago and she really likes it. Before her and her husband started talking to me all they had was a shotgun. She bought her new bersa, and he bought the new model Sig, the P250 I think? The one you can change calibers on? I'm the one person in my church that if anyone wants to know something about a gun, they can ask me, lol.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I don't have one myself. I've definitely thought of getting one though. And still might for a nice backup. But one of the women at my church just got one a couple weeks ago and she really likes it. Before her and her husband started talking to me all they had was a shotgun. She bought her new bersa, and he bought the new model Sig, the P250 I think? The one you can change calibers on? I'm the one person in my church that if anyone wants to know something about a gun, they can ask me, lol.

Sounds like my kinda church!

Maybe I should have made the group's name the Bersa FAN Group...

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I wanted an OWB holster for my high capacity Bersa 9mm but there is a lack of holsters for this gun. I found my Fobus BR2 paddle holster for my Beretta 92FS and it works just fine for my Bersa. Along with the Federal HST I just got, I am a happy camper. I can now carry 17+1 with 17 backup in a non-plastic gun. :D

Top Bottom