• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Prices in the OP sound a bit high. At shops in the Indy area, I've seen the 2-tone guns for ~$239, blue for ~$259 and nickel for ~$269.

^this^

I can't believe what people are asking pricewise for used Bersa 380s here. I have seen used ones priced higher than new, and the sellers are GETTING it. :dunno:

Do your research people! I got my Bersa DuoTone 380, like new, used for $200 last year here in the classifieds. You can get them in the $240 range +/- $10 NEW. Yet, you see ads for people asking $275 for a used one.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    How's the recoil?

I know you werent asking me, but... lol

Recoil isn't bad at all. I have carpal tunnel and was concerned when I got my 380, but it is quite manageable. If you have any kind of hand issues, I would recommend the Bersa over an LCP or KelTec sized pocket gun, as they tend to be much more "snappy" than the Bersa(due to size, weight, and larger grip I would assume).

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Hard to believe that we are talking recoil with 380's. I have both the Kel-Tec P3AT and the Bersa and I would call the recoil on both very mild.

GregD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    Madison County
    Newbomb, now that make since. When I started teaching my girlfriend to shoot I started her with a 22. But, in no time she was shooting my .357.
    A lot of people are concerned about recoil when they are starting out but progress very quickly. Just be supportive.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Newbomb, now that make since. When I started teaching my girlfriend to shoot I started her with a 22. But, in no time she was shooting my .357.
    A lot of people are concerned about recoil when they are starting out but progress very quickly. Just be supportive.

Yea the only gun she's ever shot was a Glock 21. A polymer .45 wasn't the best choice however her friend didn't have better judgement. I'm sure that after a few hundred rounds I can get her into a nice 9mm. Maybe the Sig 239 in 9mm.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    The Bersa .380 I recently purchased will eventually be the carry weapon for my fiance. She is a dentist with small hands (good for a dentist lol) but she was concerned about recoil. She shot it for the first time about a week ago and had no troubles and just loves it.

Top Bottom