• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    A couple of questions for the my fellow Px4 owners. I have the full size 9mm and I was wondering what kind of accessories/customizing I could put on/do to it. Also what kind Holsters are used?

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I have a full size 9mm PX4 also. I have only done a few upgrades to mine.

First, I had Meprolight Tru-Dot Night Sights installed.

Next, I installed a Beretta 92/PX4 "D-spring". This is the hammer spring that the double action only PX4's come with. Installing this spring greatly reduced the double action trigger pull, and slightly improved the single action pull. (this is well worth the $7.50)

Lastly, I converted my model F (safety/decocker) into a model G (decocker only). You can do this conversion yourself if you wish, or you can send your slide to the guy in the link below and he can do it for $25.

When I carry my PX4 I use a Galco FLETCH for OWB carry, and I use a Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB carry.

Also, when my PX4 is on nightstand duty, I use a Streamlight TLR-1s weapon light and a 20 round magazine.

Here are the some links to the upgrades I have done.

Meprolight Night Sights for Beretta Pistols and Handguns FREE S&H ML10662, ML10667, ML10666. Meprolight Tritium & Fiber Optic Night Sights.

Handgun Parts

http://www.olhasso.com/PS/services.htm

Galco Fletch High Ride Belt Holster FREE S&H FL468B, FL248B, FL245B, FL118B, FL160B, FL468, FL114B, FL400B, FL472, FL229B, FL252B, FL206, FL206B, FL213B, FL218B, FL244B, FL252, FL299B, FL400, FL458B, FL472B, FL267B, FL112B, FL113B, FL115B, FL119B,

SuperTuck® Deluxe | CrossBreed® Holsters - SuperTuck® Deluxe

Last edited:

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Good info from ps!

Those are the standard mods that many seem to do.

As far as holsters go, there are many many options depending on how you want to carry. Right now I'm using the Remora 10 with full sweat shield.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    Uh.. Yeah I did a couple of things to mine
    Action by Dave Olhasso (I don't know if he still does or not)
    Converted to "G" model, decock only
    Sent to Robar for NP 3 slide and internals along with stippling the frame. And XS sights

ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Great info pokersamurai. Thanks everyone. I am mainly looking for a holster that is good for around the range. Not planning on carrying at this moment.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I picked up a stainless model a month or so ago in 9mm. Almost thought about trading it towards a 1911 but couldn't bring myself to do so as it's such a nice soft shooting 9. A real joy at the range.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Custom color combo is always an option too. Oh and BTW I could help with that:)

mdaldo444

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2013
    I have the blackhawk holster. It can be worn on a belt and also comes with a paddle which is much more convenient and surprisingly comfortable. I use this holster to carry and also on the range (the few times I've been since I've owned the gun).

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Not to be a thread jack but has anyone tried suppressing a PX4? Is it possible with the rotating barrel?:):

It is possible, and in theory the PX4 would run more reliably than most pistols due to the fact it uses a rotating barrel as opposed to a tilting barrel (which is more likely to malfunction because the weigh of the suppressor throws off the tilting effect of the barrel)

However, as this video demonstrates, suppressors on the PX4 (at least in .45) do have a tendency to work themselves loose when firing. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIMTVLUBo6s

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Well that's a shame. I was more concerned if I would need to use a booster with the rotating barrel..but that sucks to hear the can's come loose from the recoil. :(

Last edited:

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Suppressors tend to back themselves out over time while continuously shooting. The manual that comes with my AAC suppressor recommends checking the suppressor between each mag for looseness.

But the way the video from SWR made it sound it's coming to loose to fast. Or at least that's the impression I got.

ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    The suppressor coming loose in the video, is that more the rotating barrel or the wrong thread used?

Top Bottom