• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Reeserx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Kokomo, in
    I was shooting today and went through about 4 clips then on the 5th clip after i emptied it, the slide didnt lock back to signify I was empty. It happened a few other times the rest of the day, I fired about 150 rounds today and fired about 100 a couple days ago. It didnt happen until tonight. Its not a huge issue but it shouldnt be doing this. Anyone else have the same problem or any advice on how to fix it?

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Is every failure to lock back from the same magazine? If it is, then that particular magazine could have a weak spring (not enough force to allow the follower to engage the slide lock).

Otherwise, it could have to do with the position of your thumbs. If you are inadvertantly putting downward pressure on the slide lock when shooting, it could cause a failure to lock back on the last round. In, which case adjusting your grip could fix the problem.

Lastly, if the ammo you are firing is underpowered it could cause a failure to lock back. Have you tried other (hotter) brands of ammo?

Those are the most common causes (that I can think of) for a failure of a slide to lock back.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    This has been my experience with this same pistol. I was just in another country doing a couple of courses for an agency that issues this pistol. It was a CONSTANT problem every day. It was more common than not. And I saw about 40 pistols total in a few weeks. They were all relatively new. Some brand new.

There was a recent thread about how much everyone loved this model so I didn't want to rain on their parade but I was thinking this.

I could not find any way to fix it. We messed with magazine springs, changed out followers, made sure the support hand wasn't holding the slide lock lever down, etc, etc, etc. I don't know. I think it was some sort of tolerance issue where they are just a bit out of spec? I really don't know. We had several guys working on it and eventually gave up.

Was yours just one magazine out of the 5 or do they all do it? If it's just one mag, I'd send it back to see what they say. If it's all 5, I'm of absolutely no use :)

Reeserx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Kokomo, in
    Ya know, I never paid attention to which magazine was in there. I never thought of it actually. I'll have to see if that's it! For ammo I was using some Winchester white box and Remington Umc. Thanks for the advice!

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    about 4 clips then on the 5th clip

Friendly reminder:
    clip-vs-mag.png

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    You couldn't resist could you?

I was gonna let him slide this time, since he is new to the forum and only has 11 posts. :D

I wanted to post it in a good way. That's why I said "friendly reminder". Whenever I see those words in an email message at work, I know that it's not meant to be a slam. Just helping hopefully.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I wonder why people get upset when "clip" is used since everyone knows what it is you're trying to say? Whether clip meant meant magazine before is not the question, it's used wrongly so often, it's become accepted (outside of pretentious, argumentative gun forums, of course).

It's like the word "irregardless". Everyone has used that word incorrectly for so long, it's now an accepted form of "regardless", which is what you should've said in the first place.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I wonder why people get upset when "clip" is used since everyone knows what it is you're trying to say? Whether clip meant meant magazine before is not the question, it's used wrongly so often, it's become accepted (outside of pretentious, argumentative gun forums, of course).

It's like the word "irregardless". Everyone has used that word incorrectly for so long, it's now an accepted form of "regardless", which is what you should've said in the first place.

Your rite irreguardless of what others on gun forums say. Personally, I could care less what others think. I mean for all intensive purposes a clip and a magazine are the same thing. Rite?

Anyways, if you'll excuse me I half to finish loading my assault-rifle clip with cop-killer halo-points.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Your rite irreguardless of what others on gun forums say. Personally, I could care less what others think. I mean for all intensive purposes a clip and a magazine are the same thing. Rite?

Anyways, if you'll excuse me I half to finish loading my assault-rifle clip with cop-killer halo-points.

Funny. You mean we don't get french benefits?

Top Bottom