• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Avar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Looking to add another gun, I am trying to decide which is better. I am contemplating between a Beretta PX4 for $450 or a Springfield XDS for around $550.

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Be careful of the Beretta PX4. They have a rotating barrel and the first gen series have serious FTE/FTL issues. My friends wife and roommate both have one. His functions fine... hers is craptastic.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Which fits your hand better is probably the best way to make the decision. Here you will have some who like the Beretta, some the Springfield.

Myself I carry a PX4 along with my pocket Kahr PM9. The Storm pistol is always within reach when I am home.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've always liked the PX4 by feel but never had the pleasure to shoot one. Beretta is usually good to go in my book.

But I did shoot a guy's XDs at a range and seemed cool as heck.

I don't think you can go wrong. Very different beasts in my opinion.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    My friend recently got a PX4 in 9mm. I got to shoot it and it was completely reliable in our range session. I also found the sights to be excellent, the recoil soft, and the accuracy superb. The trigger was on the heavy side and long for my preferences, but it didn't affect accuracy and I'm sure with more experience with it would become a non-issue. I haven't shot an XDs, but have an XD(m) in 9mm and the Beretta was just as accurate, had better sights, and had less perceived recoil even though the XD(m) is larger.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Be careful of the Beretta PX4. They have a rotating barrel and the first gen series have serious FTE/FTL issues. My friends wife and roommate both have one. His functions fine... hers is craptastic.

Is it the gun or the shooter. My wife has one. When she first got it the had stove pipe issues. When I fired it I had no problems. After her adjustments she has had no issues. Just a thought. :dunno:

**Of course if I had it all to do over again I would have tried harder to convince her on something else. She liked the way it looked and since it was not a "cheapy" she got it.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I like the XDS sights and grip. I really considered buying one after playing with it. Its just a fuzz big for pocket carry and if I'm going to hang it on my belt I might as well get something bigger.

Beretta does a very good job of taming recoil in smaller pistols. They excel in keeping the bore line low and weighting the springs in a manner that reduces muzzle flip and felt recoil. I haven't shot the PX4, but its indirect predecessor, the 9000S, was a pleasure to shoot.

XDJohnnyc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    i personally have an xd and i love it...i've seen the px4's havn't handled one...don't look to bad but i think ill always have a thing for an xd

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    A 9mm Beretta PX4 is my nightstand gun. IMO it's one of the best polymer handguns on the market (and one of the most under-appreciated). I own Glocks, CZs, Sigs, H&Ks, etc. and the PX4 is still my go to gun. To me, that says it all.

DSCF4971.jpg

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    They are both great guns but the Springfield is not $100 better than the Beretta. I own a PX4 in 9mm and .40 . Love them both.:twocents:

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru

Is hers a sub compact? If it is, it's a tilt barrel design.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Looking to add another gun, I am trying to decide which is better. I am contemplating between a Beretta PX4 for $450 or a Springfield XDS for around $550.

Wait awhile, and both of them will be about $50 cheaper. Should be able to get PX4 for around $400 + tax, and XDS for $500 + tax. Let the panic subside.

I like my XDS.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    A 9mm Beretta PX4 is my nightstand gun. IMO it's one of the best polymer handguns on the market (and one of the most under-appreciated). I own Glocks, CZs, Sigs, H&Ks, etc. and the PX4 is still my go to gun. To me, that says it all.

DSCF4971.jpg

I agree, underappreciated.
    It's marketing. Right now it's all M&P (not to mention the shield) and Glock 19 - Fueled even more by the scarcity.

Love my PX4 in .40 but got it in my head I need a Glock 19 Gen 4.
    I'm wanting a med to full sized 9mm and now have XD, Glock and M&P swimming around my head with Glock in the lead.

My plan is to win the lottery this weekend and get them all.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    I got an xds in.45 acp for Christmas and I love it. never shot the px, cant say anything negative about it. however, I can speak highly of my xds, I freakin love it.i wouldn't take twice what the wife paid for it, 3 time more? well maybe.... anyway you get the point. the xds is an awesome little carry gun.

Top Bottom