• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm at the last Indy gun show and was curious as to what others have experienced with this gun? What type of ammo do you prefer to use in it? When cleaning are there any trouble area's you have found where buildup is harder to get to than others?

I'm going to be using this as my primary CC and currently have some Winchester Defender rounds in it.

Any other comments or recommendations for the PX4 are welcome.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    I had the full size PX4 in 9mm. You won't be disappointed. It's a fantastic firearm. VERY accurate, and mine never jammed in about 500 rounds of firing. I fed it all kinds of ammo, from Wally World Ball to MFS steel cased stuff, and two or three variations of self defense rounds. Never a problem. Take down is easy, and I can't think of anywhere that gets extra build up. Just do a basic cleaning and you'll be fine.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I've got 550 rounds through mine so far without a problem. It's taken everything I've fed it so far, from range reloads to factory stuff from Fiocchi, PMC, Herter's, Blazer and Magtech.

Nothing special on cleaning. The tight spots are back by the trigger mechanism but Q-tips wet with some CLP will usually do the job.

One thing I wouldn't recommend is closing the slide with the safety on. Though there haven't been any proven failures on the PX4 that I'm aware of, it has been known to cause decocker damage on the 92 models (though extremely rare).

Time to go shootin'! :)

Check out the Beretta Forum too!

sbond

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Franklin
    Have both the 9mm and .40 no problems on either will shoot anything steel or brass you just cant go wrong with a Beretta.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I picked up a Beretta PX4 Storm at the last Indy gun show and was curious as to what others have experienced with this gun? What type of ammo do you prefer to use in it? When cleaning are there any trouble area's you have found where buildup is harder to get to than others?

I'm going to be using this as my primary CC and currently have some Winchester Defender rounds in it.

Any other comments or recommendations for the PX4 are welcome.

I have a full-size 9mm PX4. I have several thousands rounds through mine with no malfunctions of any kind. I keep mine loaded with Federal 124gr +p HST's for defense, and for practice I shoot whatever is cheapest. My PX4 is just as easy to clean as any other firearm. It does not build up any residue that is more difficult to clean than on my other handguns. After I clean it, I just make sure I put a little CLP in the channel where the barrel rotates.

I carry my PX4 occasionally and when I do I use a Galco FLETCH holster for OC, or a Crossbreed Supertuck for CC.

The Beretta PX4 is one of my favorite handguns, and IMO it's one of the most underrated polymer pistols on the market today.

DSCF4971.jpg

John317

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Having put about 200 rounds through it so far I am 100% satisfied with it and would have regretted getting anything but a Beretta since I've wanted one for so long.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    With all the great 9mm's out there, I hadn't got around to shooting a PX4 until recently. My first trip to the line with Winchester White Box 9mm yielded a non-rested group about as large as my fist from 12 yards. Nice trigger. Felt recoil...less than the H&K P2000 I was also shooting that day.

Holy Linguini, Batman! This is a very nice pistol!

I fed more ammo into the PX4 throughout the day. Groups tightened up a little...but it started good. I fed a mixture of 9mm's that I had laying around and no FTF. Absolutely as reliable as the H&K.

I am impressed. And, at about 1/2 the cost of the H&K, I'm gonna keep it. Besides, it will keep me from buying one of those ugly "G" guns.

bc1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    Brown County, IN.
    I have the full size 9mm as well and I love it. After around 700 rounds I haven't had any FTE's or FTF's. The only issue I have had was while loading TUL polymer coated ammo, the rounds were hanging up in the magazine. Other than that it's a smooth shooter. My Brother just bought the compact in 9mm. Can't wait to shoot them side by side.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Great guns. A little chunky on the subcompact but most subcompact doublestacks are IMO. If looking for a CC gun, go with the compact instead of the SC unless your size/carry style dictates that you need the shorter grip.

Reliable with any kind of ammo and very accurate. I don't know that the rotating barrel saves any felt recoil, but they claim it does.

My only gripe is with the Beretta manual safety. I've always loved Berettas, and have had many. I don't like a manual safety to start with, prefer DA/SA with decocker which the Beretta safeties do allow to be used in that function. However, I prefer safe = up and fire = down. Not a huge deal, and obviously not a dealbreaker for me, but I feel like it's backwards. Also, would much prefer frame mounted safety than slide mounted.

Regardless, I'm 100% behind the PX4 line of pistols. Absolutely a top notch gun and perfectly reliable, perfectly accurate for a standard $500 pistol.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

ruggiedj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I have the full size 9mm. I have put a variety of ammo through it with no issues: Winchester White Box, Magtech, Federal American Eagle, and Fiocchi.

Top Bottom