Beretta Pico .380 ACP! What are your thoughts?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    I saw that Beretta has a new pocket plstol called the Pico coming out this summer in .380 ACP. Beretta is saying the trigger pull will be in the 10lbs range. Looks like price will be in line with most other .380s on the market. What are your thoughts on this little Beretta?

Deprecated Browser Error

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My initial response is meh...another mini-.380.

However, I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Beretta's guns (I own a 92FS and a semi-auto shotgun from the 1970's).

I have always liked the PPK/PPKs and the Sig230/232 when it comes to .380's. For me it would really depend on how it feels in the hand. I have tended to shy away from the smaller pistols like the LCP or P238, but you just never know...I might be persuaded after getting to fire one.

-Paul

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Ugly. Although I find most of their guns are, off topic, but especially their new assault rifle chambered in .22lr. Handled one yesterday at Beech Grove Firearms, felt cheap, looked ugly.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    223 Gunner, I respectfully point out that assault is a behavior, not a type of firearm. And the rifle you're referring to is marketed as a platform for training purposes as opposed to Beretta's CX4 which is defense appropriate carbine rifle.

FirearmPatriot, anything from Beretta will be baseball bat reliable but, in this footprint, I think any gun will boil down to being a piece of emergency equipment as opposed to 92/96's or Px4's which are in another league for obvious reasons.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    223 Gunner, I respectfully point out that assault is a behavior, not a type of firearm. And the rifle you're referring to is marketed as a platform for training purposes as opposed to Beretta's CX4 which is defense appropriate carbine rifle.

FirearmPatriot, anything from Beretta will be baseball bat reliable but, in this footprint, I think any gun will boil down to being a piece of emergency equipment as opposed to 92/96's or Px4's which are in another league for obvious reasons.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. I do realize it is a behavior. Much like the word "clip" instead of magazine, I am simply using a word that has been thrust upon the gun community since 1994 when the AWB (Assault Weapons Ban) passed into law.
    For all intents and purposes, most of us in the gun community have used this word for years, it is a quick way to describe Military style weapons, which most of us love.
    Welcome to INGO.

MattyLite

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    If reliable, I think the Pico will do quite well in the pocket pistol market. For starters, the price should be very economical given the MSRP. It also has what looks to be usable sights which most pocket 380s don't. They will be offering a variety of colors and the design seems snag free. Reliability will be the key. Would I pick it over the Sig P238? Probably not, but then again were talking two different price ranges.

toyotaslave

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Princeton
    Hopefully it will perform better than it looks. It appears to have the same styling of the Nano (which I like), but with a chopped down slide on a shrunken frame. Looks overly top heavy to me. And what's with that mag release? And the gigantic/oddly proportioned slide catch lever?

This is what happens when some goofy designer takes a Kahr and hits it with an ugly stick.

Who knows, it could be a superior performer. Aesthetically though... never.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Poor and expensive Italian copy of a Ruger LCP.

Without ever even seeing, let alone handling or firing the gun? Really? :rolleyes:

Guess we'll just call you the Guru of Guns since you seem to be the all knowing without any personal experience.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I'd sure like to get one and compare to my LCP. It's supposed to have MUCH less recoil, so it would definitely something my wife would carry in her purse, in addition to being small. I would also like to compare the Pico with the LC380. The Ruger is probably larger, but if the recoil is about the same, I know she will go for the smaller Pico. Maybe down the road, they'll make a mag extension like they did for the Nano. I carry my Nano with my all the time road cycling...never know when there comes a crazy pit bull or some idiot wanting to blow some Shiite at ya for being in the road.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    From what I understand, you can change the non-serialized frame out easily to change the color of it. They will offer a variety of different colors and styles. Now one gun can match your entire wardrobe!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Hopefully it will perform better than it looks. It appears to have the same styling of the Nano (which I like), but with a chopped down slide on a shrunken frame. Looks overly top heavy to me. And what's with that mag release? And the gigantic/oddly proportioned slide catch lever?

This is what happens when some goofy designer takes a Kahr and hits it with an ugly stick.

Who knows, it could be a superior performer. Aesthetically though... never.

The Nano looks overly top heavy, but the double recoil springs make it very easy to shoot. It's easy to be on target for quick follow up shots. The Pico has a thumb safety which probably there to satisfy some state's regulations, but if you leave it off, it operates just like a Nano. Gigantic this or that, if it functions flawlessly, who cares what it looks like. There are plenty of pistols that look blocky and ugly...but it's boils down to the reliability and function. I just bought the 8 rd mags for my Nano...and its my EDC just because of that fact.

I'm interested in the Pico and hope to shoot one soon.

Top Bottom