• ...and so much more!
  • EzShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    another satisfied customer
    the Beretta BU9 Nano is small and very concealable, slightly heavier than other guns of this size(17oz) but it helps a lot with recoil. first trip out i fired 100 rounds no problem, second trip fired 350 in a couple hours and on this last trip i fired 450 in one session. whew that was fun! my trigger finger was a little sore after that many rounds because the trigger safety would rub on my finger during recoil. i know this gun isnt meant for a range gun so really no complaints.

i have heard of other people having malfunction issues with 115gr loads i wouldn't know i didnt try any. i fired mostly 125gr LRN reloads and a couple boxes of 147gr gold dots and hydrashoks and a box of 124gr hydrashoks. i prefer the 147grain the best just personal preference. no issues with the gun but i did have 2 reloads that the cast bullets didnt get sized. i had to smack the slide into battery to force the oversized bullet into the chamber as i expected would happen. i knew i shouldnt have tried to load them but i didnt have a bullet puller and i wanted to dispose of them. probably a stupid move on my part so i wont do that again

the trigger was a little hard to pull at first but after a couple hundred rounds it is very smooth, though still somewhat long as most DAO's are. even with the long pull i am able to put all of the rounds in the kill zone at 25 yards if i do my part.

there is a small corner at the back of the slide that is somewhat irritating when worn against the skin in a sitting position but i think a better holster would solve this issue. another complaint i have is that night sights, extended mags, and new grips are not out yet. i believe all edc guns should have night sights so i am not so patiently waiting!! they have promised to have sights and parts out this year so i hope they fulfill that promise soon.

i paid $425 + tax for mine and consider it a great deal. now the price has dropped to around $400-415 at some stores

overall i am very happy with my purchase. I would recommend this gun to anyone looking for a lighter kicking sub compact 9mm for self defense.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    This gun is on a very short list I have as a new EDC. Thank you for the honest review.
    Basically they only thing holding me back is the rave reviews of the Shield trigger and waiting to see the little XD 9 single stack when it finally comes out.

Have any issues with the trigger reset with the longish pull?

EzShot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2012
    Fortville, IN
    the long reset does slightly slow down rapid fire butit is very smooth and for me practice has made it come more naturally. anyone used to a revolver DA trigger would have no problems with the nano. i did shoot the full size m&p40 side by side with the nano for a few rounds and preferred the m&p trigger. i hear the m&p shield has an even better trigger, but i loved the concealability of the nano more. i am a skinny person and find it harder to conceal thicker guns.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I completely agree with this review.

I couldn't wait for this gun to be on the market and bought the first one I found. I have not been disappointed. Only negative is the lack of night sights (none at all I've found) for it.

I'm a little amazed this gun doesn't get mentioned much and not more praise. I love mine and I love shooting it.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    My G26 is so easy to carry and conceal in my White Hat holster, plus it has been 100% reliable from day one, that I didn't really see any advantage to owning a Nano. 10+1 vs 6+1 and I love the G26 trigger; the Nano's trigger, not so much. It was smooth as glass but too much like a DAO which I don't like. Even though I sold it I still think it's a great little pistol, just not for me.

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I couldnt agree more with this post. Very happy with my Nano. Beretta has hit a homerun. Again!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I agree with the OP's review. After having put 700 rounds through it without any hiccup, it is now my EDC. Prior to that, I had a Kel-Tec P11, which I still have, but it's a HD gun that I can quickly get to. The the Nano is a great lil shooter.

rilesss

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    NWI
    I love my nano, only had it out once, so much more solid then a cm9
    4 berettas, tomcat, nano, 92g, and a 96 in inox

Vladislas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the review I have been trying to decide on a smaller handgun and the nano was one I was thinking about. Your post has helped me make up my mind I am going to get a nano .

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nice review.

Ive been thinking about trading my Ruger LC9 for a NANO. Now Im a little more sure that I will be making the change.

One question. Does the NANO have the annoying safties the the LC9 has? Like mag safety, Thumd saftey, etc?

Top Bottom