• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    I picked this up new a couple of months ago. Just now getting it out. This thing will not run at all. I have not been able to get more than 2 rounds out of the thing before it jams. Usually just one. Seems to always be a failure to feed. Might as well be a single shot.

I have run CCI Mini-mags, SK Standard, CCI Standard and CCI Stingers and it's all been a no go. I have run it wet, dry and in between. Some people have said they need to be broken in but 1 shot at a time is going to take a while. LOL.

I could send it back to Beretta but I haven't heard anyone say they fixed crap. This little piece o' crap was too costly for it to not run. Any ideas before I give up?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    They are pretty light guns, with light recoil, but you might be limp wristing it, try a tighter grip, also try to see if the feed ramp is smooth, and clean. This does have tip up barrel, right? Also clean the chamber really good, with a bronze brush. Let us know if it keeps doing that… it shouldn't ( I know thanks Mr Obvious)

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    They are pretty light guns, with light recoil, but you might be limp wristing it, try a tighter grip, also try to see if the feed ramp is smooth, and clean. This does have tip up barrel, right? Also clean the chamber really good, with a bronze brush. Let us know if it keeps doing that… it shouldn't ( I know thanks Mr Obvious)
    Yep. It's the tip up barrel. Feed ramp appears to be smooth and it is clean. No limp wristing here. I have a good hold on the thing.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    You are not alone. Also at the link are some solutions, but I would trade it away. Your feed issues will likely never totally disappear, and some report ammo that works during the break in starts to fail shortly after break in. I would get rid of it asap and get a better pistol(Weatherby maybe, the one I have after break in shoots reliably).

That said apparently rim lock on the ammo happens frequently and you must be very careful when loading them to avoid it. The angle the rounds sit in the magazine is very flat, leading to that issue.

Last edited:

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    I've got one from the mid 80s. I think it's when Beretta first started mfg. In the US.
    Runs like the Japanese rail system.
    Kinda sounds like tolerance creep caused by tooling wear and not being kept in spec.

Just my 2e-2

MH

gassprint1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I have an older bobcat that had similar and rounds would stick in the chamber. Used regular cheap ammo up to cci stuff. I ended up polishing the crap outa the barrle chamber and area. I used a cotton barrel brush with light compound and the fitz polishing stuff. No issues in over 15 years.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I had one years ago and it ran like a top. I usually used Mini Mags in it. I think Stingers were a little long for it. Just curios if you put one on the barrel and then close it and insert a full mag or try to pull the slide back to chamber the first round. I know it sounds crazy but it might help. I wish I still had mine.
    I have a 950 in 22 Short and it’s fun. Good luck.

KRN123060

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2023
    Noblesville
    I had one years ago and it ran like a top. I usually used Mini Mags in it. I think Stingers were a little long for it. Just curios if you put one on the barrel and then close it and insert a full mag or try to pull the slide back to chamber the first round. I know it sounds crazy but it might help. I wish I still had mine.
    I have a 950 in 22 Short and it’s fun. Good luck.
    I have always put one in the barrel and fired DA for the first shot.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    For what it's worth, I have a 21A that does not like to run dirty, as in no more than 50 rounds between cleaning. Once clean it runs another 50 rounds and goes into fail to eject mode. Not having an ejector doesn't help.

Top Bottom