• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I have a Beretta 92FS and love it, but im kinda accustomed to it since i've been issued one for 13 years now.

right2arms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Beretta 92 is a great shooter, I liked it almost as much as a CZ. Never shot the px4 but I have shot the stoeger. Not as comfortable to me for plinking but if I had to carry it's no contest - get the storm.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Red apples vs Green apples

I have both the 92FS and the Storm (full size and compact). All are great guns, reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. It is more a matter of "feel" to me. The grip on the 92FS is more comfortable to me (smaller hands), but the PX4 has the "cool factor" that I really like. The choice was hard enough that I ended up with all three and they are keepers. If you intend to carry the PX4 is the choice due to weight and size.:twocents:

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I am with Armed n Ready. Both are great guns but are quite different. I like the rotating barrel of the px-4. The lightweight makes it a great carry gun. The 92, what can you say the are legendary. I just would not want to conceal one all day!

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I have had alot of 92s but I have not owned or shot a px4 yet. I handled one and it seemed durable enough. I did like the ergonomics though and the fact that it wont take 92 mags which are cheap and plentiful.

redneckpastor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    i was down to either the Px4 Storm or the G23 (Glock) when i was looking to buy. I loved the look of the storm like said before "cool factor" but i just had so much for the Glock that i had to get it. SO GLAD I DID!!!

A good question would be what is better between those two? :D
    :ingo:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Forgot to mention this.

The mags for the PX4 Storm are $alty. If you want a lot of mags and the PX4 be prepared to pay big buck$. 92FS mags are plentiful and reasonable to buy.
    If you ever go to Roush Lake shooting range let me know. Best way to decide is shoot both. Always happy to help out.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have picked up a PX4, and it did not feel to bad. I'm used to the 92 from serving. I also own one. They are highly accurate, and reliable. I would not want to carry one IWB though. However it would make a great weapon for OWB carry.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I've had both PX4 is a better shooter but the 92 is a beautiful looking gun with a great history. Answer....You need both

I concur. The PX4 is better designed with less felt recoil and improved carrying capacity over the 92. However, the 92 just feels and looks like a higher quality weapon, and I prefer the grip of the 92 over the PX4.

If I had to choose one to carry, I'd definitely go PX4.
    If I had to choose one for ownership/range use, I'd go 92.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have both. My PX4 is .45 though. Hardly any recoil.

Totally different guns, but both have their own place in my collection.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Own a 92, and love it. Accurate, and reliable. Stock grips are less then desirable, but an easy fix thanks to hogue. Easy to outside carry, but would not want to inside carry. I have no experience with the PX4.

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    Both are good guns. I've owned both. The PX4 is a newer generation gun for Beretta - kind of. It has a poly lower (new) with the borrowed rotating barrel technology from the cougar line (not new). I shot better offhand with the gun than strong hand with the 92. That said, I still prefer the 92 line as it is all metal. Mags for the PX4 are too much money.

Just curious to see who has these and how you compare them.
    Beretta 92FS vs Px4 Storm.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    I've got a FS Inox and Px4 full size. Both feel great and shoot great. Agree with comments about carring the Px4.

Top Bottom