• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishhp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Hey Everyone,

Looking through the case, I have a Super Black Eagle that simply does not get used anymore. Anyone know what the SBE goes for these days? And, not the SBE II, I see those everywhere for sale online, but I can't find enough SBE ads to make sense out of it. Of course, there's something out there I have my eye on but need a little extra green, so I'm taking inventory. :D

Thanks
    TA

FootLoose.45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    i am by no means a expert but i do alot of waterfowl hunting and shoot a sbe2. i see some guys still shoot the original sbe. the HK made SBE can float a fourth shell and that seems to keep people interested. from what ive seen over the past few years depending on condition and what not you could sell it in the 500-700 range pretty easily.i believe the gun was 1000 dollars in the 90's when it came out and a new sb2 is in the 1300 range.

irishhp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Tweener

Thanks Mike -- Yep, I have an HK SBE that does indeed float the 4th, although I have not way of knowing this as I've never done it in the field:D. The SBE I'm thinking about parting with is the interim SBE that is not HK, but not quite yet the SBE II either. It has a higher rib, a slightly altered forearm, but lacks the HK stampings. I've never used it in the field, although my son did, and the theory was that Benelli "did something" to bar the 4th shell float on these tweener guns, but my son had no problem doing so on the sporting clays course. I was thinking 5-600 so, I appreciate your input that I'm not crazy.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    i am by no means a expert but i do alot of waterfowl hunting and shoot a sbe2. i see some guys still shoot the original sbe. the HK made SBE can float a fourth shell and that seems to keep people interested. from what ive seen over the past few years depending on condition and what not you could sell it in the 500-700 range pretty easily.i believe the gun was 1000 dollars in the 90's when it came out and a new sb2 is in the 1300 range.
    Waterfowl shooters were the reason Benelli made that change, or so I've been told. You can easily modify the bolt of the newer Benellis to do the same thing. I did that to my M2. Just Google Benelli ghost load mod.

FootLoose.45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Waterfowl shooters were the reason Benelli made that change, or so I've been told. You can easily modify the bolt of the newer Benellis to do the same thing. I did that to my M2. Just Google Benelli ghost load mod.

this is interesting. i also own a m2 but have never heard of this mod. thanks for the info ill have to look into it!

Top Bottom