• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Listening to a podcast recently and the host talked about carrying a Kahr PM-9 in a belt holster. Are there many guys who carry subcompacts in belt holsters? I gotta ask; why? I've had various J frames over the years and have never thought of carrying them on a belt. If I'm going to have to have a cover garment, I'll carry my 3" S&W model 65. Same thing with auto's. I had a Kel Tec P-32 and just bought a P-11 that I made a pocket holster for. I'd rather have the higher capacity and better shootability of a larger pistol.

So, anyone who does carry a subcompact on a belt, can you tell me your thoughts?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I do, a G26 and a Smith 642. They won't fit in any of my pants pockets for one! :): Maybe some cargo pants cargo pockets but not normal pockets. And they are so easy to hide IWB, I dig it. I don't feel under gunned with either one. And they are really light weight also, I don't mind carrying bigger pieces but those two ride real nice. :yesway:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I can see a G26 bein too big for pocket carry, I'm thinking my P-11 is borderline I've had good luck with my 442 in my front pocket in a home made pocket holster. They are very similar in size but the P-11 is blockier.

Here's the P-11 in the holster.

3cb6f3bc.jpg

The holster for the 442 is the same size. Here are the two guns compared

26b02f76.jpg

40bbf69c.jpg

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I carry my G27 in my raven. It's mostly carried OWB but on occasion I'll swap out the loops and throw it IWB. I also carry my CM9 IWB with a PJ holster. That one completely disappears and is super comfortable.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I do, a G26 and a Smith 642. They won't fit in any of my pants pockets for one! :): Maybe some cargo pants cargo pockets but not normal pockets. And they are so easy to hide IWB, I dig it. I don't feel under gunned with either one. And they are really light weight also, I don't mind carrying bigger pieces but those two ride real nice. :yesway:

I often carry a 642 IWB or in my pocket. I like the convienence of a smaller gun.

My question for Fordtough. How is the G26 vs the 642 for carry? I am developing carpal tunnel in my right hand. If I shoot my snubby my hand hurts for about two days. For this reason I was thinking about switching to a sub-compact 9mm. Since I already own and shoot larger Glocks the 26 just seems to make the most sense.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have a Kimber Solo that I carry on a belt holster. My LCP I also have a belt slide for it but I think I tend to agree with you that if you have to have a cover garment, It is my Colt Defender on my side.

Stringtown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    I have carried my LCP and my S&W .38 J frame on my belt. Especially in the winter when I wear a sweatshirt.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    My p3at rides in a fobus paddle holster when I am not at work. It feels more comfortable on my hip, I am faster to draw off my hip, and I already keep alot of **** in my pockets, and don't want to add a gun to the mess..

Of course, at work, that changes, I have to be very discreet at work, so in the pocket it goes.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    If your going to carry small guns you really should consider one of these, i just got mine a few weeks ago, i carry my Taurus 85 in it no prob.

Good for when wearing shorts and Tshirt or jeans or dress clothes.

You can wear it over or under your belt line, they are pretty comfy.

Worth a look :)

www.pistolwear.com Home Page

Top Bottom