• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    There is lots of discussion on here about types of concealment holsters. I have a few and rotate depending upon what I am carrying and wearing that day. Lately I am using most often a belly band. I find I can wear it all day and it is my most concealed carry.

I wear it high and to the side as if it were a shoulder holster. It is on the right side for a left hand draw.
    belly%20band

belly%20band
    sb001.jpg

sb003.jpg

sb004.jpg

sb007.jpg

sb009.jpg

sb010.jpg

belly%20band

This is even an Indiana product, made in Shipshewana and it was cheaper than any of my holsters.
    DALTECH Force 260-833-4030

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    The top three pictures, I dunno, seems pretty obvious to me you have a gun... :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    The top three pictures, I dunno, seems pretty obvious to me you have a gun... :D

I'd say it'd concealed pretty damn well in the first pic...I've yet to locate it.

BTW, are the first 3 pictures the same person as the last 3?

I've never attempted to carry this way, but by looking at the pictures, I'm not a fan.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I use my belly band anytime I really need to ultra-conceal (concerts/sporting events w/ security). It is also a very inexpensive way to find your favorite holster position (appendix, 3 o'clock, 4o'clock, SOB...)without buying a bunch of different holsters for each position. Last time I used it was to get into The Vogue and I have to say I was a little worried after seeing the security guy at the door I was going into give everyone a good pat down and brief search, but I got in no problem with a j-frame and 2 speed strips.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    seems like it would be hot. I don't know if I could stand to have something that binding. I'd feel like I was wearing a girdle.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I have always avoided belly bands and the like, because my gut (if you'll pardon the expression) tells me that there is significantly less trigger protection with these "surgical elastic" holsters than with more traditional materials.
    I've also stayed away from them because It seems that the elasticity might not be very long lived. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I have one and have used it a few times the last few years. For deep concealment they work great. I wear it high like a shoulder holster.

Mine is on the left side for a right hand draw. I use it mostly for weddings and funerals. Easy to keep my left arm down against it and covering it from all the hugs and such.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have always avoided belly bands and the like, because my gut (if you'll pardon the expression) tells me that there is significantly less trigger protection with these "surgical elastic" holsters than with more traditional materials.
    I've also stayed away from them because It seems that the elasticity might not be very long lived. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

This I would agree with. And after seeing what WORN leather holsters can do to help cause ND's, I am certainly not going to try something that is even less stiff.

I like carry at the 8-9 oclock area on my left hip.....Less chance of anything VITAL being hit if the gun goes off. Appendix carry? Not in my lifetime.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This I would agree with. And after seeing what WORN leather holsters can do to help cause ND's, I am certainly not going to try something that is even less stiff.

I like carry at the 8-9 oclock area on my left hip.....Less chance of anything VITAL being hit if the gun goes off. Appendix carry? Not in my lifetime.

A lot of that can be helped with certain firearms...

DA/SA semi-autos and DAO guns might be the best from the "trigger isn't as protected as I'd like" standpoint. My S&W 642 with it's factory trigger pull... No way that it's get touched off if I were to wear a belly band.

In the TRUSS holster I linked above, the guy I know carries a Sig 229 + 2 reloads + cuffs and I think a flashlight.

And even if you wanted to carry a glock in one, there are little blocks that you can get that fit behind the trigger to keep them from being pulled. I've not seen those devices for XDs or M&Ps.

OR, one could always carry one of those autos with out the round chambered.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    There was a design invented by our own Shay VanVlymen and marketed by Raven Concealment Systems, called the VanGuard. This item snaps over the trigger guard and protects the trigger from being squeezed. I would think that with that in place and the belly band holding it against the person, it would be a safe carry.

VanGuard Holster System

Just a thought.

Blessings,
    Bill

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There was a design invented by our own Shay VanVlymen and marketed by Raven Concealment Systems, called the VanGuard. This item snaps over the trigger guard and protects the trigger from being squeezed. I would think that with that in place and the belly band holding it against the person, it would be a safe carry.

VanGuard Holster System

Just a thought.

Blessings,
    Bill

Does anyone actually carry in their wasteband? I should probably start a thread instead of jacking this one, but I was just curious.

The other day when I read this, I decided to eject the round out of my Kimber 1911 and carry cocked and locked around the house (to test the method, but not with one in the pipe) and even went to the local grocery store and it was actually pretty comfortable and secure (a good belt is obviously a must).

I can't say I'd do this on a daily basis, but I would have even thought that is could be a responsible option before reading the VanGuard description.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Does anyone actually carry in their wasteband? I should probably start a thread instead of jacking this one, but I was just curious.

The other day when I read this, I decided to eject the round out of my Kimber 1911 and carry cocked and locked around the house (to test the method, but not with one in the pipe) and even went to the local grocery store and it was actually pretty comfortable and secure (a good belt is obviously a must).

I can't say I'd do this on a daily basis, but I would have even thought that is could be a responsible option before reading the VanGuard description.

I personally know of one INGO'er who carries his Steyr M9-A1 + Vanguard in his waistband.

-J-

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I personally know of one INGO'er who carries his Steyr M9-A1 + Vanguard in his waistband.

-J-

I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying anything +1 in my wasteband with nothing more than a trigger safety, I could see myself carrying a 1911 +1, cocked and locked with a Vanguard though.

Do you know how sturdy that "holster" is? I mean, how tight does it lock in?

I seriously thought the idea of not using a holster was ridiculous, but after carrying like that for a bit the last few days, I can say it is quite comfortable and secure...You just have to go a notch tighter on the belt.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    There are a lot of people who carry without a holster. One of the early testers of the Vanguard was a federal agent who routinely carried his duty gun in his jacket pocket. No, I'm not making this up.

Top Bottom