• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I'm with you on this. Watched my father die a very slow and painful death a couple of years ago. It shouldn't have been like that for him. There should have been a less painful, quicker way for him to make his exit.

I did this for both parents (father was 60 and mother was 57) within 7 months of each other at age 31. Nobody knows what a horrible ****ing feeling it is to contemplate putting your parent through surgery in the hopes that they wouldn't make it out just so their misery would end.

My personal beliefs are that I'm pro life. The first and foremost place for me to exercise those beliefs are in my own actions. I'm responsible and I don't put myself in the situation where I would have to contemplate ending a pregnancy.

But what I don't get is the "life at all costs" crowd who've never had to make a single decision regarding life. They're at the clinic or publicly protesting laws like this one. But the moment they gain their little victory, they're gone with never another thought regarding the life they just "saved". If I stood outside of an abortion clinic and talked a woman into carrying out her pregnancy, I've gained a victory. Is the battle over once that baby is born? Do I call the mother a welfare queen when she seeks assistance to help raise that child? Or do I go to an Internet forum and express outrage when little Johnny can't get cheap 22 ammo for an afternoon of shooting with Gramps and not give a damn whether little Johnny is hungry or not?

The battle of protecting life won't be won in any court room or legislative office. It will be won by people helping people.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Humans treat their animals better than their family members when it comes to this issue. Rather sad when you think about it. We had to decide to remove my mother from life support some years ago. It wasn't even a hard decision for us. We refused to see her suffer or be kept alive for no good reason. There was zero chance she was going to get better and we knew what she would have wanted. I'd so the same again for any of my family. Laws like this make compassionate decisions easier. OP, you've shown your colours again.

I still struggle with guilt for feeling relieved once both of my parents finally did pass. It's not an emotion anyone can understand unless they've been through it.

Jack1861

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    And if people cared as much about them after they were born as they did before they were born, I think you'd see a dramatic decrease in that number.

My wife and I have been trying to adopt just one for over five years....still can't get it done.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Lets be clear, it is not the .gov making the choice, it is allowing others to make a choice that is best for them and their family. Some on The Blaze claim this is "playing god" by picking who lives and dies. If you cannot survive and recover without a machine, I think the choice has already been made

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Belgium & the Netherlands Pass Laws to Kill Kids just as the Nazi's did. Since the Europeans are doing this, expect puke democrats to introduce laws that are similar.

From The Blaze: Controversial ‘Right-to-Die’ Legislation Passes in Netherlands…for Children | TheBlaze.com

I am all for this. We don't let animals suffer, why should we let terminally ill children suffer. There is a point when a person needs to draw a line...People get emotional and want to keep loved ones alive no matter how much pain they are in or how much pain further treatment causes. The doctors and hospitals get rich off of people who are dying....are you really living on a ventilator in a hospital bed on drugs that keep you in a coma?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Both of my terminally ill parents died at home...we could of kept them in the hospital and maybe they would have gotten a few more months in bed on a ventilator...neither of them wanted that. I remember the hospice nurses saying don't be afraid to give them to much morphine, while fighting with my sister that it was going to make them addicted to it. I think dignity and quality of life has alot to do with it...I knew my mother was tired of fighting after a hospital worker left her alone standing and she fell and cut her head...she cried that she was in so much pain she could not stand it. She was suppose to go home that day...was getting better from her surgery and MERSA infection she got in the hospital. That was Friday, I took her home Sunday, she was suppose to start Chemo on Monday...Over that Sunday night she deteriorated so much she could not walk or stand, I did not want to call an ambulance because they would take her back to the hospital and she did not want to die in a hospital. I had to have my grandson run to the drugstore and buy me a transport chair and we had to lift her in and out. As soon as the doctor seen her he said we need to call hospice, which is what I wanted. She died less than 48 hours later.
    Death is a part of life...we all must face it, I believe in trying to make the end as pain free as you can and give that dying person as much dignity as you can.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Euthanasia was first introduced in Europe for adults, supposedly, only for the terminally ill, then pressure built to use it for anyone whose family is tired of having them hanging around anymore. Grandma is old and eating into our inheritance, she should be "encouraged" to off herself. I see a similar progression happening here, first kill any "terminally ill" children, then it progresses to killing any children whose family no longer wants them.

Bingo. This is how it starts and progresses to Josef Mengelesque stuff.

If someone truly wishes to die, then hand them a knife and a shop towel.

But let's not give the State permission to deny care to the young simply because some guy in a white labcoat says there's nothing more he can do.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Bingo. This is how it starts and progresses to Josef Mengelesque stuff.

If someone truly wishes to die, then hand them a knife and a shop towel.

But let's not give the State permission to deny care to the young simply because some guy in a white labcoat says there's nothing more he can do.
    This bill puts it as the parents' decision I do believe.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    This bill puts it as the parents' decision I do believe.

It's already the decision of the parents, whether it's legally recognized or not.
    Let's leave the tough decisions to loved ones who know and love the ill, and not grant ever-widening authorities to the State. This is a power grab in that it deigns to acknowledge the State as the arbiter and granter of decision-making capability for those closest to the ill.

Let's ask how many people on the Liverpool Euthanasia Pathway in the NHS over in jolly old England how many of them actually wish to be on that forced starvation/de-hydration route.

Life and death are far too important to ever grant the State any authority in the decision-making process.

It is not ours nor government's business to decide who is too ill to live. Incremental steps toward this sort of outcome should be resisted to the utmost.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It's already the decision of the parents, whether it's legally recognized or not.
    Let's leave the tough decisions to loved ones who know and love the ill, and not grant ever-widening authorities to the State. This is a power grab in that it deigns to acknowledge the State as the arbiter and granter of decision-making capability for those closest to the ill.

Let's ask how many people on the Liverpool Euthanasia Pathway in the NHS over in jolly old England how many of them actually wish to be on that forced starvation/de-hydration route.

Life and death are far too important to ever grant the State any authority in the decision-making process.

It is not ours nor government's business to decide who is too ill to live. Incremental steps toward this sort of outcome should be resisted to the utmost.

What happens when the "life at any cost" crowd wants those parents prosecuted for murder?

Because they'll be more than happy to involve the state.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass

I don't think you read the article

Top Bottom