• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    DO not consent to a search of your person or car without probable cause or a warrant...

Once a LTCH is presented all discussion of the firearm stops.

If they take the firearm from you I.E disarm they are supposed to keep it and explain to the judge over you I.E. where you live why they thought you were a danger and took your weapon

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Leave your engine running, doors locked, and dome light off. As the officer approaches crack your window and shout the following repeatedly: "I know my rights, you jackbooted thug! I pay your salary!" At this point the officer will realize you have him dead to rights and let you go about your business.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Leave your engine running, doors locked, and dome light off. As the officer approaches crack your window and shout the following repeatedly: "I know my rights, you jackbooted thug! I pay your salary!" At this point the officer will realize you have him dead to rights and let you go about your business.

^This. It worked for my cousin's uncle's dad's son's brother's aunt's grandma's second cousin's ex-wife's uncle's trained monkey. :yesway:

rugerfan12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    laporte county
    I know someone is going to say don't do anything to get stopped. But what happens if they randomly run your plate and stop you to see if you are carrying. << Which again i dont think thats legal.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I know someone is going to say don't do anything to get stopped. But what happens if they randomly run your plate and stop you to see if you are carrying. << Which again i dont think thats legal.

Most of us JBTs have better things to than run random plates and stop random vehicles to see if the driver is carrying. I have personally never done it and don't know of any officer on my shift that has either. Sure it could happen, but the frequency of it happening is pretty low.

You've given me an idea though. I think I will start stopping random vehicles to see if the driver is carrying. If they are, I will congratulate them and pat them on the back for doing their part to support the 2nd Amendment. If they aren't, I will chastise them mercilessly to the point that they will want to immediately buy a gun, just to get me to leave them alone.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    But if you do decide to tell the JBT that randomly stopped you that you have a gun, make sure you remove it from wherever it is being carried, hold it up in the air and shout "OFFICER, OFFICER, I HAVE A GUN!!!!1!!!!"

Likes this post! Would read again A+++++++++++

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    There are multiple threads on this issue. Do a quick archive search and you'll get tons of good info and worthless opinions.

You have over 50 posts now. You have arrived. :)

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    DO not consent to a search of your person or car without probable cause or a warrant...

Once a LTCH is presented all discussion of the firearm stops.

If they take the firearm from you I.E disarm they are supposed to keep it and explain to the judge over you I.E. where you live why they thought you were a danger and took your weapon

In a prefect world only!!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom