• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Each situation is different, as mentioned be aware of your surroundings, in this link we see two Chicagoans get butt whooped and the victim is still in a coma after being robbed, however it looks to me like he and his friend started it,
    LiveLeak.com - Chicago Beating outside of Gas Station
    Hers is a NYPD officer getting harassed by some bike messengers,
    LiveLeak.com - Off-Duty Cop Pulls Gun On Bike Messengers In Road Rage Standoff

Both situations one unarmed citizens, the second an armed and trained and legally carrying citizen cop, taking care of business.
    But you never know, I was once surrounded by some agitated citizens in Tacoma Wa, they were upset about something and were carrying sticks and protest signs and I was sitting in a car at a stop light, whatever they were upset about, as they crossed in front of me at the light, some pounded my hood with their sticks and signs and as they surrounded my car and were wishing me everything except to have a nice day, I simply unzipped my jacket, exposing a handgun in a holster I legally was carrying that day.
    One of the said disenfranchised urban American's with good eyesight noticed it and called out to his cohorts................"Hey, this guy has a GUN", the crowd then decided to get out of the middle of the street rather quickly, and since the light was now green, I too continued on my way.

My wife was once robbed in the parking lot of our then apartment complex, she has a scar on her leg where she was knocked to the ground and gashed her leg.
    She is licensed and trained now.

Situational awareness, Officer safety, have it and your legally owned and functional firearm with you at all times, sometimes we win.
    LiveLeak.com - Off duty cop sends thug to hell

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you choose carry methods that allow you to discreetly put your hand on the grip, you have more options. Putting your hand on the grip is not equal to drawing and presenting the weapon.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Being aware and walking out is the best. If 9 thugs are loitering in the stair well and all watching you as you approach at the train station, it is better to pay the extra money to take the cab that day. Evasion is always better than combat. I tore the bottom bodywork off a new motorcycle in Jackson, Mississippi jumping over the curb blocks. I think it was a more prudent plan than trying to engage multiple targets while trying to hold up a fully loaded motorcycle in a parking lot. If it comes down to combat, even 6/10ths of a second can make a difference while being charged, hand on the grip is a good start of advantage.

Last edited:

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    OOh! I know!

How about taking a Managing Unknown Contacts class? Like through Craig Douglas or though INGO's "own" Paladin Combatives?

ShivWorks ? Integrated Solutions for Personal Protection

Paladin Combatives LLC | Website for Paladin Combatives LLC Training Company

Paladin Combative's MUC class is a small "licensed copy", if you will, of Craig's work.

Or perhaps some force-on-force training through, again, INGO's own Mindset Lab? http://mindsetlab.com/main/

Or all of the above?

Training, people. Training.

Invest in it. Keep investing in it.

Koven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Leo
    OOh! I know!

How about taking a Managing Unknown Contacts class? Like through Craig Douglas or though INGO's "own" Paladin Combatives?

ShivWorks ? Integrated Solutions for Personal Protection

Paladin Combatives LLC | Website for Paladin Combatives LLC Training Company

Paladin Combative's MUC class is a small "licensed copy", if you will, of Craig's work.

Or perhaps some force-on-force training through, again, INGO's own Mindset Lab? http://mindsetlab.com/main/

Or all of the above?

Training, people. Training.

Invest in it. Keep investing in it.

I have experienced a hostile encounter many months ago and dealt with it a different way than the question that I asked, but I simply wanted to know what others would have done if confronted by someone hostile. I have taken classes, but those you listed are primarily out of state. All I wanted was some insight and ideas. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You want this class, Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law: Course Descriptions

There are other crimes involved other than Pointing a Firearm, Attempted Murder or Criminal Recklessness. There is also Intimidation. You read to read Johnson v. State.

The controlling question does not start with "May"; it starts with "Must".

Must I do this? Is this my circus, are these my monkeys.

If you must not, do not. The best indicia of superior training is avoidance.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You want this class, Comprehensive Indiana Gun Law: Course Descriptions

There are other crimes involved other than Pointing a Firearm, Attempted Murder or Criminal Recklessness. There is also Intimidation. You read to read Johnson v. State.

The controlling question does not start with "May"; it starts with "Must".

Must I do this? Is this my circus, are these my monkeys.

If you must not, do not. The best indicia of superior training is avoidance.

I would listen to this man. You never WANT to draw your gun or riddle someone with holes unless you absolutely must. Avoid the fight if at all possible. It will be easier (not to mention cheaper) if you avoid the situation. I carry everywhere I possibly can and hope that I will never have to use it. I suggest you do the same and thank you for asking the question. This is a great question to ask here.

Top Bottom