• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lunsfordtim90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2024
    Benton County
    I wasn’t sure where would be best to put this so I decided here. Although I wouldn’t necessarily describe myself as a beginner, I definitely am not near as experienced as most here, it would seem. Let’s face it I came for probably the same reason as most of us who accidentally landed here, to buy or sell guns with honest people. Once I realized I was gonna have to make an effort just to be able to participate, frankly I almost said “ah forget it, not worth my time.” However I can see after reading some of the threads and comments here, there are some very intelligent and experienced gun lovers here. So I committed myself to try and find something I hadn’t seen. So as a “beginner” my first question would be what does ACP stand for? Haha. Also what licenses does one have to have to sell firearms in Indiana? I thought you could sell individually no problem. So what permits should I look into getting if I need them and isn’t Indiana a concealed carry state now? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Welcome!
    1) ACP = Automatic Colt Pistol, usually referring to 45 ACP (45 caliber)
    2) No license needed to buy or sell as a private individual, but that doesn't mean you can run a business doing that without risking attention from the ATF.
    3) Indiana is a Constitutional Carry state. No license to carry handgun necessary if you are over 18 and a proper person.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome!
    Just make sure your first 50 are well thought out. "one liners" during those first 50 will be deleted if staff feels they are just there to get to 50 so you can participate in the classifieds.

the 50 post rule is there so folks can get to know you and get a feel for you as a person. And lots of "I agree" or "my choice for EDC is 45." just dont qualify as the quality posts we are looking for. And its really frustrating when you are spending time posting, and arent getting anywhere because the posts keep going away.

And honestly, if you are just here to sell off a personal collection you inherited, etc. just pony up the $20 for a site supporter status. Its a great deal at only about $1.60 a month or so. And if you are here to sell, you'll make that $20 back on your first sale.

lunsfordtim90

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2024
    Benton County
    Welcome!
    Just make sure your first 50 are well thought out. "one liners" during those first 50 will be deleted if staff feels they are just there to get to 50 so you can participate in the classifieds.

the 50 post rule is there so folks can get to know you and get a feel for you as a person. And lots of "I agree" or "my choice for EDC is 45." just dont qualify as the quality posts we are looking for. And its really frustrating when you are spending time posting, and arent getting anywhere because the posts keep going away.

And honestly, if you are just here to sell off a personal collection you inherited, etc. just pony up the $20 for a site supporter status. Its a great deal at only about $1.60 a month or so. And if you are here to sell, you'll make that $20 back on your first sale.
    Just looking for options outside the local gun shops and pawn shops. Love the idea of seeing what everyone in the state has to offer. Also a great way to get advice.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I wasn’t sure where would be best to put this so I decided here. Although I wouldn’t necessarily describe myself as a beginner, I definitely am not near as experienced as most here, it would seem. Let’s face it I came for probably the same reason as most of us who accidentally landed here, to buy or sell guns with honest people. Once I realized I was gonna have to make an effort just to be able to participate, frankly I almost said “ah forget it, not worth my time.” However I can see after reading some of the threads and comments here, there are some very intelligent and experienced gun lovers here. So I committed myself to try and find something I hadn’t seen. So as a “beginner” my first question would be what does ACP stand for? Haha. Also what licenses does one have to have to sell firearms in Indiana? I thought you could sell individually no problem. So what permits should I look into getting if I need them and isn’t Indiana a concealed carry state now? Thanks in advance.
    One of the most complete and concise introductions I've had the pleasure to read on these boards.
    Welcome to Ingo from Lafayette

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So you’re saying you came for the classifieds, and stayed for the discussion?

Hello and welcome to INGO. Good bunch around here with a lot of knowledge, not just about firearms.

There are a lot of inside jokes and terms unique to INGO. Don’t worry, you’ll catch on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom