chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Story time.

I was at a client's office at the end of the day yesterday, a cardiologist's office and I got to witness a clash of a-holes.

A-hole #1 had apparently brought his elderly mother to the doctor's office, parked her wheelchair, then announced loudly, for everyone to hear which was his obvious intent: "I can't stay in here Mom, I won't be muzzled. I'll be in the car. These Nazis are just trying to control us. The masks are spreading the virus and making everyone sick. It's part of the plan."

A-hole #2 then stood up...and just as loudly said: "My wife is a nurse and had to work all the way through this and people are dying every day. It's because people like you are stupid and selfish."

As far as I could tell, neither one of them was operating on the basis of verifiable facts.

Then they started in on a vaccine argument that was similarly high on material gleaned from memes and low on reality.

That was fun.

In a cardiologist's office with a waiting room filled with elderly people just trying to see the doc.

Nice.

I did what all the other rational people in the waiting room were doing...sitting silently and watching the mating dance of idiots.
    The only correct response to that nonsense is, "Hey, fellas, why don't you get a room?"

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

If we're not holding vaccine manufacturers liable for this ****, can we at least lot check it for them? Because they're apparently not doing it themselves. Normally these kinds of problems are resolved by suing the **** out of companies when they ship harmful stuff. Nah. We'll just let other countries do the quality assurance work.

Operation Warp Speed = Ship it!
    They can be sued for this kind of ****. Just like firearm manufactures can be sued for selling defective firearms. And I'm sure they do lot check, how many vials are in a lot? I worked in QA we did lot checks, crap still slipped by on occasion. True we weren't working with medicines, but the point still stands.

I was a bit upset about this, until I did a bit of searching. They were only wearing them during practice, and all it does is record proximity to another device.
    Here is a link to what they are/do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    They can be sued for this kind of ****. Just like firearm manufactures can be sued for selling defective firearms. And I'm sure they do lot check, how many vials are in a lot? I worked in QA we did lot checks, crap still slipped by on occasion. True we weren't working with medicines, but the point still stands.

I was a bit upset about this, until I did a bit of searching. They were only wearing them during practice, and all it does is record proximity to another device.
    Here is a link to what they are/do.

I don't care that all they do is record proximity to another device.
    Or, only wearing them during practice.

It has NO PLACE there.

If they want that, they can..
    1) get parental permission
    2) get a court order

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I don't care that all they do is record proximity to another device.
    Or, only wearing them during practice.

It has NO PLACE there.

If they want that, they can..
    1) get parental permission
    2) get a court order
    Actually the reason given does have a place. It lets them easily trace who on the team was within 6 ft for 15 minutes total. That way if one kid or coach is diagnosed with covid they don't have to pull the whole team. It's actually no different than if they had a bunch of people in the stands with stopwatches and clipboards writing it down.

Also the school did inform the parents and they signed permission slips. Per the school there was one new student whose parent didn't attend the meeting and/or sign the slip. For a child to participate in sports or just about any school sponsored extra curricular activity, including field trips and band parents have to sign permissions slips for various things. I'd bet a good chunk of the parents don't read them. They just see "sign here" and do.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Actually the reason given does have a place. It lets them easily trace who on the team was within 6 ft for 15 minutes total. That way if one kid or coach is diagnosed with covid they don't have to pull the whole team. It's actually no different than if they had a bunch of people in the stands with stopwatches and clipboards writing it down.
    They must really believe in the magic "6 feet" and the magic "15 minutes".

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Also the school did inform the parents and they signed permission slips. Per the school there was one new student whose parent didn't attend the meeting and/or sign the slip. For a child to participate in sports or just about any school sponsored extra curricular activity, including field trips and band parents have to sign permissions slips for various things. I'd bet a good chunk of the parents don't read them. They just see "sign here" and do.

A new student missed the lecture and the signing.
    Pointing out another government failure.
    Just like out of date databases on gun owners.

If they REALLY thought they were necessary, then EVERYONE in the ENTIRE school would be "required" to wear them. Including notification, and signing the "permission slip".
    Students, Teachers, Administrators, Visitors, Contractors/Maintenance, EVERYONE.
    Vax'd or UnVax'd.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    A new student missed the lecture and the signing.
    Pointing out another government failure.
    Just like out of date databases on gun owners.

If they REALLY thought they were necessary, then EVERYONE in the ENTIRE school would be "required" to wear them. Including notification, and signing the "permission slip".
    Students, Teachers, Administrators, Visitors, Contractors/Maintenance, EVERYONE.
    Vax'd or UnVax'd.
    Yep the school messed up, but that's not how some of the articles I read made it sound. They made it sound like the school was intentionally going behind the parents backs.

And yes if they thought it was really necessary they might do that. Although I'm guessing there is a lot more close contact during sports than between most of the other things you listed. And schools do have a lot more leeway when it comes to sports and such. Most if not all schools I know of require parental permission to drug test athletes/band/etc at random or for cause. I don't believe that would legally fly for the general student body.

I'm not saying the parents shouldn't be informed or that the school didn't mess up in one case, all I was saying is that the news stories were slanted. And that I can understand the reasoning behind it. Kids go out for sports, train, practice, etc. and just because one kid or coach tests positive the entire team has to miss/forfeit a game(s). I can see this as being a reasonable method to help mitigate that.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Have had a mild flu working through my meat suit (sore throat, congestion, inconvenient dashes to the toilet) that I bludgeoned with Granny Clampett home remedies. But, there was a family gathering coming up so I drove to town and had a test done to assure those who intended to attend that they hadn't been exposed to the bank bug. In preps for having the test done I researched a little bit and found the updated extensive list of test kits from manufacturers that are no longer considered to have acceptable performance as well as boning up on what tests actually test for what and what the results of which ones can be construed to indicate. Had no idea there was so much turbidity within that narrow range of inquiry. Any how, if you're getting tested there's much to look at before selecting which to have, depending upon what you want to know.

Well, now the wife is coughing and is going to need something to help her get better. Maybe a batch of redneck penicillin, otherwise known as Texas style chicken fried steak with cream gravy and mashed taters. She might not be getting well quicker but at least there'll be something to smile about.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Something there hasn't been here is real first person reporting of what their symptoms of covid were. That would have been useful information from a trusted source.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

This kind of sucks. A lot of work travel is being hindered by these travel restrictions. I need to go to Austria in December, so I'm hoping these restrictions get lifted again soon. (And all based on largely worthless metrics of Covid cases - completely ignoring the purpose of vaccination, to reduce the severity of the infection.)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    With all the pine and spruce around here why aren't people washing down their C's. D's, B's, zinc and berries with needle tea?

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    I've read the Sharyl Attkisson article before. It seemed very well sourced to me. I'd like to see some vaccine proponents here critique it, those who know a lot more about it than I do. But those who I don't think are full of ****. The couple or so people who I think are full of **** might already know who they are. The rest of INGO

The Ky data doesn't jive with the rest of the world. Below is an article with way more info. But as INGO tradition I didn't read it all. :cool:

Update August 6: CDC has released a small analysis in Kentucky and indicated that it's proof that vaccines are more effective than natural immunity. Read the analysis here. According to CDC, among the reinfected sample, 20% had been fully vaccinated. Among those who had Covid and were not later reinfected, 66% were unvaccinated. "Kentucky residents who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated."

Updated August 6: In Israel, more than 7,700 new cases of the virus have been detected during the most recent wave starting in May, but just 72 of the confirmed cases were reported in people who were known to have been infected previously – that is, less than 1% of the new cases. Roughly 40% of new cases – or more than 3,000 patients – involved people who had been infected despite being vaccinated. By contrast, Israelis who were vaccinated were 6.72 times more likely to get infected after the shot than after natural infection, with over 3,000 of the 5,193,499, or 0.0578%, of Israelis who were vaccinated getting infected in the latest wave.

https://sharylattkisson.com/2021/08...cine-induced-immunity-the-definitive-summary/
    Those are two different questions

The Kentucky study compared the previously infected (only) with the previously-infected plus vaccinated. As other studies have shown, the vaccine can provide additional benefit because some people don't seem to get good lasting immunity from a Covid infection.

The second study (Israel) is supposedly comparing the previously-infected to the "not" previously infected who were vaccinated. So having Covid gives you decent immunity in most cases but comes with all the risks of death, hospitalization and long Covid. The vaccine is incredibly safe and low risk.

There are some countries who are suggesting the previously-infected get just one dose of vaccine, not two. This makes sense to me based on the studies but it's not been suggested in the US.

In any case those 2 studies don't contradict each other because they weren't looking at the same thing.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    https://ivmmeta.com/

I haven’t read the whole thing and am not sure of the validity but it seems legit
    the large study that makes the ivermectin meta-analysis look good was retracted and probably entirely fraudulent

some of the small studies that show benefit took place in countries with parasitism

another was an obvious placebo effect (people volunteered to take ivermectin as a preventative, and self-reported whether or not they had Covid symptoms)

I haven't seen one good study yet that ivermectin works on Covid. And people are taking some dangerous doses, from what I have seen online.

A large study showed no benefit; another is wrapping up soon

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom