• ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    But a lot of this meat got processed into Hot Pockets, etc. (Not that you eat those, but a lot of people do.) So it's not just the raw beef that is tainted.

I'm going to check and see where our local grocery gets their meat. There is a butcher shop about 8 miles south of here. Might not be a bad idea.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    chick-fil-a-eat-more-chicken-7911.jpg

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    I patronize the local butcher shop. Never had a problem.

Hear Hear! Buy a 1/4 cow from a farm by Franklin and a 1/2 hog from Columbus every year. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the stuff you buy at the store, safer, and if taken to the right processor, tastes a lot better too.

Now that I think of it, short of getting beef or pork from a restaurant, that's the only place I get my meat from (other than deer hunting season).

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hear Hear! Buy a 1/4 cow from a farm by Franklin and a 1/2 hog from Columbus every year. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than the stuff you buy at the store, safer, and if taken to the right processor, tastes a lot better too.

Now that I think of it, short of getting beef or pork from a restaurant, that's the only place I get my meat from (other than deer hunting season).
    I wish I could get away with that, but with a total of ten mouths in my house and the youngest one eating anything you put in front of him, I need 6-8 cows and 25 or more pigs. (We eat a lot of BACON!)

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy

I only on a very very rare occasion eat beef. Maybe once a month or even less, and the beef will be a hamburger at a family outing or restaurant. I've been anti-red meat since I was forced (mentally / duress ) to eat rotten meat at a grocery store I worked at when i was 17.

Cheers guys! stay away from that madcow!

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    This is why I like to cook my own food. And to add on to what others have said, buy your beef and pork from a local independent butcher. I got a full hog just after the first of the year cut and wrapped the way I want it for $375 out the door, including 4 smoked hams and loads of bacon. And it's all been good eatin'. I have a half cow coming in the fall from my aunt.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Couple of times when I was a sprig, the parents took me on the long journey (about 10 minutes up Allisonville) to Fishers, to get a half beef at Archer's. Out in the countryside it was, though. They even offer storage if you don't have the freezer space. One time the fools that bought the other half didn't want either the tongue OR the tail, so extra bonanza there. They'll process a deer for you, as well.

Top Bottom