• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Does beech grove fire arms offer a discount to ingo members? They are a site supporter for us so I'm just curious.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    That would be a question better asked in their site advertiser forum. Check out their subforum here Beech Grove Firearms - INGunOwners
    Personally I rank their place (meaning their people and associations) up there with the top 2 or 3 places I am aware of in the gun community.

One of my few shops I even visit, cannot wait for the range and new store to open.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Ive never got an INGO discount but they are not super firm on their prices. Just remember, their prices are already $50-100 cheaper than most already!

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    i just got a springfield xd40 from there pretty cheap but havnt paid it all off yet. so before i go back up there i was curious to see if there was such a discount.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    While not necessarily germane to the topic at hand, I just want to throw out props to them for the transfer I did there earlier this week.

Smooth, fast, polite, and crazy-reasonably-priced. :cool:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Guys, BGF new gun prices are at a point much better than most places. I asked about an INGO discount once and I think I got a dollar of a box of ammo. Which ain't bad.

Their used guns and the guns they have on consignment should have more room for them to play with.

Remember, we want them to stay in business for the rest of our lives and we want to keep giving us some of the best prices around. If we nickle and dime them on discounts we may soon not have them any more and we do not want that, do we?

Vv

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    For those who are praising BGF....have you been to other gun shops in town? Do you have something to which you can compare? I've been there 3 times. They'd have to pay me to come back. "Great service." "Great people to deal with." Really? You can't go in their tiny store for 5 seconds w/o being arm-twisted into getting your wallet out to buy something. They don't allow anyone to just browse their guns. You either buy, quickly, or you get out. No exceptions. The most annoying of all is the old, skinny guy (that is, when they can get him back in the store and off the sidewalk outside where he smokes 50 minutes out of each hour.) Their business model, for a gun shop, is hopelessly flawed.

For those of you tripping over yourselves to post how much you like them, get out and experience some other shops in town. There are zero good shops in the Indy area but there are several which are definitely better than BGF.

darend505

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Jake I could not disagree more. I have only been there one time, but I was treated very well. Greeted at the door and was asked several times if I could be helped or wanted to see something.

I have been to several guns shop in Indy, and I still think BGF is among the top.

mjrducky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Jun 16, 2009
    North Liberty, IN
    for a gun shop, is hopelessly flawed.

For those of you tripping over yourselves to post how much you like them, get out and experience some other shops in town. There are zero good shops in the Indy area but there are several which are definitely better than BGF.

I've been to plenty of shops in this state, at least 10 and yes BGF is definitly top 2 in the state. Especially in the indianapolis area in my opinion. Never pressured to buy anything, never a day they don't smile or try to help me browse. I browse more than I buy and they never give me any problems while I have them remove gun after gun from the shelves or the case. As far as service goes there one of the best. Pricing is also one of the best. Everyone knows PSS usually has the best prices but for 10.00 I would save - not worth the time or the gas I would spend to get there since I live to far away. So BGF prices are more than fair as well compared to many in the area.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    My wife and I have never been pressured into buying there and yes I have beent to at least 10 other gun shops in the area. PSS, Bradis, Indy Trading post and KS&E are just a few I would buy from. Not real happy with Elmores, Pop Guns, The Outdoorsman and Wannamaker Guns I would not. Those still are just a few that Ive been to.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Agreed with the above, Jake. Sorry you apparently had a bad experience, but I've been to quite a few other shops and my "golden three" are BGF, Bradis and PSS. I've found them to be very friendly and helpful and they didn't apply any pressure to buy.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ... but I've been quite a few other shops and my "golden three" are BGF, Bradis and PSS. I've found them to be very friendly and helpful and they didn't apply any pressure to buy.

I have been in many shops in several states, and this has been exactly my experience and I always recommend the same 3 shops as well, typically in reverse order (I have more experience with PSS having bought several guns there, and living fairly close), but definitely had great service at BGF for the one gun I did purchase there. I picked up an M&P Sport from BGF a year ago. It is a fairly difficult item to get now, let alone a year ago when I bought mine. They gladly put my name on a waiting list with no $ down, and promptly called me and PM'd me on INGO when it came in very soon after. On my visits they took their time and talked to my son about various .22's, etc.

I'm very interested in seeing the new shop and range when it opens.

Tamara

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Broad Ripple, near t
    For those who are praising BGF....have you been to other gun shops in town? Do you have something to which you can compare? I've been there 3 times. They'd have to pay me to come back. "Great service." "Great people to deal with." Really? You can't go in their tiny store for 5 seconds w/o being arm-twisted into getting your wallet out to buy something. They don't allow anyone to just browse their guns. You either buy, quickly, or you get out. No exceptions. The most annoying of all is the old, skinny guy (that is, when they can get him back in the store and off the sidewalk outside where he smokes 50 minutes out of each hour.) Their business model, for a gun shop, is hopelessly flawed.

Yes, Jake, I have been to all but a couple shops in Indy & environs (one of which I have never been to and will never go to) and I've worked in the gun business, including working as the sales manager of two different Type 01's, since 1993.

While I appreciate your input, I think that I am capable of evaluating my shopping experience without assistance.

My previous statement stands.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    The only Ingo discount I ever got from there was a super transfer fee on my SGL, purchased a box of cookies for a fundraiser and my fee was waved:patriot:

I gotta stop by there soon, I pass it too much not to stop in at least every day:D, I know POPS, Bradis, Planfield Shooting, does not, Ive tried:):,

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    I was in there a few months ago on a saturday and wasn't pressured at all. And they let me browse all I wanted. I went in there planning on buying an AR lower and Found a complete riflle for a great price. And the let me handle anything I asked about. I ended up buying a Sig sp2022 and an AR from them. Great service and everyone was friendly.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I get it.

BGF is at the top of my list! Could it be, if a person has the opinion there are "zero good shops in the Indy area", the shops are not the problem? :dunno:

Top Bottom