• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gray hair Dan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2011
    Lawrence County
    Just went to register myself and my two sons for the June Appleseed in Bedford. I see only 1 ticket is available. Is this accurate? I see all other shoots in Indiana have plenty of tickets available. Is the Bedford Appleseed that much more popular compared to the rest of the state?

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just went to register myself and my two sons for the June Appleseed in Bedford. I see only 1 ticket is available. Is this accurate? I see all other shoots in Indiana have plenty of tickets available. Is the Bedford Appleseed that much more popular compared to the rest of the state?

Bedford normally sells out pretty quickly. The line space is limited and there are several return enthusiasts from around there that really enjoy the Appleseeds.

It could also have something to do with the Bedford lunches. ;)

Mmm... fried chicken on Sunday... :)

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    Dan,

I checked the pre-reg details and I can jiggle the numbers so there are 2 slots open. That should happen later today so keep an eye out and you may be able to still get in.

HH

Huntrdan

Plinker
    May 15, 2009
    Columbus
    I took my grandson to our first Appleseed over the weekend. Hard to break 40 years of bad habits so I guess I am going to have to keep going back. We had a really good time. Can't say enough good things about the RWVA.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Oh....so it's not just the great instructors, it's the good food that brings people back:)
    Guess I'd better sign up now for the August shoot.

Indiana has more events that any state in the nation excepting California and Texas. You could find another location and get to an Appleseed long before August.

Appleseed - Search States

We have still more events to get on the calendar before the year is over too.

YHJ

June 2012
    Rochester, IN - Jun 2-3
    Atlanta, IN - Jun 9-10
    Bedford, IN - Jun 9-10
    Camp Atterbury, IN - Jun 16-17
    Crawfordsville, IN - Jun 16-17
    Cloverdale, IN - Jun 23-24
    Evansville, IN - Jun 23-24
    Freedom, IN - Jun 30-30
    Lake Village, IN - Jun 30-1

July 2012
    Nashville, IN - Jul 7-8
    Noblesville, IN - Jul 7-8
    Ossian, IN - Jul 7-8
    Indianapolis - Ladies Only, IN - Jul 14-15
    Crawfordsville, IN - Jul 17-18
    Rochester, IN - Jul 21-22

August 2012
    Atlanta, IN - Aug 18-19
    Cloverdale, IN - Aug 25-26

September 2012
    Bedford, IN - Sep 15-16
    Evansville, IN - Sep 15-16
    Rochester, IN - Sep 15-16

October 2012
    Noblesville, IN - Oct 6-7
    Ossian, IN - Oct 6-7
    Crawfordsville, IN - Oct 13-14
    Wabash, IN - Oct 20-21
    Atlanta, IN - Oct 27-28
    Cloverdale, IN - Oct 27-28

November 2012
    Ossian, IN - Nov 3-4
    Evansville, IN - Nov 10-11

December 2012
    Crawfordsville, IN - Dec 1-2
    Indianapolis, IN - Dec 1-2
    Atlanta, IN - Dec 8-9
    Nashville, IN - Dec 8-9

Gray hair Dan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2011
    Lawrence County
    Thanks Hawkhavn, I'll check the registration site.

Yellowhousejake, I know there are many other events in Indiana but with the Bedford event basically in my back yard I'm being lazy and cheap by wanting to reduce drive time and the cost of gas. Besides the chicken dinner sounds too good to pass up.:)

IndianaGTI

Expert
    May 2, 2010
    Come to Bedford, it is the most fun! The instructors are the same instructors as a lot of shoots. They travel. It must be the good food and the host that makes Bedford th most popular!

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    The Shoot Boss at the Bedford events is the best around, PERIOD. If there si a reason those shoots sell out it is because he is awesome.

If you are having trouble signing up for Bedford the solution is simple, sign up earlier. Its too popular to hold off on and it delivers a great time every time so signing up late won't work. The April shoot sold out ten weeks before the event. This one only has about 25% returnees and it appears a lot of new folks who could not get in for the April shoot signed up early for this one. I predict this will be a pattern there. Bedford is a growing shooting community and the popularity of their Appleseeds is something a lot of folks know about now. Signing up early (as in a couple months) is going to be the best bet.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    The Shoot Boss at the Bedford events is the best around, PERIOD. If there si a reason those shoots sell out it is because he is awesome.

That guy's a quack.

Now Northern Indiana almost always has Auntiebellum attending, often as Shoot Boss, and I hear she sometimes brings a magical puppy. If you rub it's head you gain 5 points on your next AQT.

Maybe if everyone rubbed the head of the Shoot Boss in Bedford they might gain points! Everyone try that and report back how it goes.

YHJ

Gray hair Dan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2011
    Lawrence County
    Do they have a waiting list or can someone show up at the event in case there is a no-show?
    Now that I got 2 tickets for the upcoming event, I have to decide which son to bring, or just send the boys and I'll have to wait till the next event.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    There is a waiting list available on Eventbrite, but I would plan on showing up and hoping for a no show.

The Shoot Boss is a little strange but he'll do his best to make it work for you and the boys... :)

HH

Gray hair Dan

Plinker
    Aug 31, 2011
    Lawrence County
    Can't wait to meet this infamous Shoot Boss.

I sent a memo to the event organizer via the Evenbrite site. I did not see a direct link to a waiting list.

The three of us will show up ready to learn.

Dan

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Mar 8, 2012
    Well, that was a pretty durn good shoot. That shoot boss is AMAZING. Somebody should tell somebody something about that guy.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    My son and I are both signed up for Sept 15-16, glad I did early this week, as it's already sold out.

Stopped by Army Surplus in Bedford to see Troy and Kelly and got the boy set up for his birthday on the 4th.

553810_10150950736788528_1150536148_n.jpg

Troy hooked him up with a 10/22, Tech Sights, sling and sling swivels. Gave us a great discount as we were already signed up for the next Appleseed.

I also spent some time this morning breaking in my weapon of choice:

394751_10150951022958528_1317333654_n.jpg

Top Bottom