• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    We'll see. How Obama can even be in double digits this long, amazes me. For a fan boy like Bechel, this admission, qualified as it was, had to be tough to make without tearing up. :D

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Personally, I'm still very skeptical.

Polls go up, go down, and contradict each other. Romney still has an uphill battle with the way the electoral map is shaping up.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Funny, the NBC Today Show was reviewing the polls this morning that show Obama is leading in all the important swing states so it looks like BHO has the election wrapped up.

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion
    Clearly Obama needs to come up with a surprise to turn the election around, but at this point, with so much trash and deception, who is going to believe it?

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Clearly Obama needs to come up with a surprise to turn the election around, but at this point, with so much trash and deception, who is going to believe it?

Bingo!!

I would not want to be a goat herder sitting in a tent in Libya.

Somebody, read that anybody, is going to get a shelacking before the electtion..

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Re the October Surprise, apply Fahrenheit 451 (the book) to the Libyan situation. We'll get a drone strike on a residence in Benghazi, and learn that the responsible parties were terminated. We will have plenty of video, but no way of confirming just who was killed.

The important thing will not be that they are actually caught/executed, but that the public believes they were.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Re the October Surprise, apply Fahrenheit 451 (the book) to the Libyan situation. We'll get a drone strike on a residence in Benghazi, and learn that the responsible parties were terminated. We will have plenty of video, but no way of confirming just who was killed.

The important thing will not be that they are actually caught/executed, but that the public believes they were.

Yep....perception is reality....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    And that will help people get jobs here how? He could capture or kill every card carrying member of Al Qaida and it won't change his dismal economic record or polocies that have failed. He's toast regardless of what he does!

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Outside of zombies voting in record numbers in Chicago, which I don't rule out, I don't see how he wins.
    His 2008 victory was 53-46 against freakin McCain/Palin. His base has nowhere near the enthusiasm as it did in '08 which will only serve to lower their turnout. It took a lot of effort for Generation Slacker to actually turnout in record numbers last time. He carried 78% of the Jewish vote last time. He is currently polling at something in the 50's. He will still overwhelmingly control the Latino and black vote, but if turnout drops by only 5% or so, he'll have BIG problems.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Personally, I'm still very skeptical.

Polls go up, go down, and contradict each other. Romney still has an uphill battle with the way the electoral map is shaping up.

So true. Romney may get the popular and lose the electoral college. Won't be long now. I'm just ready for it to be over.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    So true. Romney may get the popular and lose the electoral college. Won't be long now. I'm just ready for it to be over.

Amen to the election being over... I would nt put it past this group to even go to the level of deception of "staging" an a-s-s-a*s*s!i*n*a@t$i#o@n attempt to get his support back... (word separated for the government 'observers' looking for right winger terrorist 'word's) :)

If they (the polls) show him in the victim position of losing, it will re-energize those that drank the Kool-aid in 2008 to vote for him again...

I heard a great quote by Levin yesterday.... "
    This is NOT an election about Romney vs Obama.... This is an election between Obama and US, the American people...."

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Outside of zombies voting in record numbers in Chicago, which I don't rule out, I don't see how he wins.
    His 2008 victory was 53-46 against freakin McCain/Palin. His base has nowhere near the enthusiasm as it did in '08 which will only serve to lower their turnout. It took a lot of effort for Generation Slacker to actually turnout in record numbers last time. He carried 78% of the Jewish vote last time. He is currently polling at something in the 50's. He will still overwhelmingly control the Latino and black vote, but if turnout drops by only 5% or so, he'll have BIG problems.

Yeah, I don't think people are factoring in the very real possibility that a large chunk of the blacks who voted in 2008 won't be returning to the polls this year.

Add in the loss of Jews, Catholics (to a lesser extent), dissatisfied yoots, and I think Romney has a good shot. Whether that will translate into EC votes is another matter.

Top Bottom