• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    TSA jackasses are nothing more than brown shirts wearing blue.

Screw them.

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Funny story about TSA. A friend of mine flew up from Florida to Indy last week. When she got home, she realized she had a 6" aluminum flashlight, a can of Mace & a 5" lockblade in her purse. Yep, right through the airport without any problems. Glad to see airport security doing their job.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    36hct7.jpg

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Not that I disagree with his reasoning behind the video, I disagree with the TSA's unconstitutional searches as much as the next guy. But all it will make the TSA do is now take two pictures, one facing forward, and one sideways. Oh and it will increase delays because now everyone will have to go through the nudie booth AND the metal detector.

For his sake I hope they go light on him and use some lube.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Funny story about TSA. A friend of mine flew up from Florida to Indy last week. When she got home, she realized she had a 6" aluminum flashlight, a can of Mace & a 5" lockblade in her purse. Yep, right through the airport without any problems. Glad to see airport security doing their job.
    I went through security with knives on a number of occasions when I used to travel a lot. I once went through three different airports with a knife I had accidently placed in a briefcase pocket under some papers. I thought I had lost it. It was found at the fourth airport.

On the other side of ridiculous, I once had a pair of 5 inch pliers taken at BWI airport. I asked them how I could hurt someone with a pair of pliers. They told me I could take the airplane apart with them. :dunno: I could only laugh and give up the pliers.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It just backs up what I said long ago.

If you want to increase security of our airlines from a terrorist threat, go see how people who are ALREADY successfully doing it address it and take some hints from them.

In a word "Israel"...

But I guess it was more important to our government to engage in crony capitalism so a few could get rich off of bogus technology under the guise of "security", than to actually have the most effective security from terrorists.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Would the Israel system work here? Wouldn't you choose not to answer their questions since we know we shouldn't talk to gov't agents without our attorneys? I agree that their system is better, but not necessarily in line with our Constitution.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    Just a few weeks ago I went through the scanner at Indy airport, and forgot to take my cell phone out of the side pocket of my painter's style jeans. It showed up, and they called me on it. It's an iphone, so it's pretty slim, but it picked it up anyway.

Now, the ones at Indy aren't the same kind the kid talks about in the video, but unless you know which kind of scanner it is, you're just asking for trouble.

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    Reality
    "We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

- Barack Hussein Obama

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Thank you sir for that post!

"We cannot continue to rely on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we've set. We've got to have a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded."

- Barack Hussein Obama

How soon Americans forget to care....

Top Bottom