• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Sick of all o these politicians trying to change or alter the Constitution! It's worked for 200 + years, I think it has proven itself as a legitimate document!

I think one could make a sound argument that the Constitution has failed to the will of man.

moltke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Springville
    Sick of all o these politicians trying to change or alter the Constitution! It's worked for 200 + years, I think it has proven itself as a legitimate document!

Well I likely agree with your sentiments, I disagree with the language. I believe the Constitution is and was made to be changed and altered as elected leadership representing the people saw fit. If you or I don't like something of the federal government then elect people who will propose amendments and have those changes happen. It's the 'interpretation crowd' and all the conniving and back dooring that has broken the government. I do put our Constitution on a pedestal, but it's because of what is contained in it currently. I would fight tooth and nail, and would consider it a call to arms if someone proposed amending or recalling the 2nd amendment buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut I actually have more respect for crazies who go this route rather than those who pass legislation directly contrary to what the 2nd says. If you don't like it, then get enough people, enough states, and CHANGE it. I will fight you, I will likely hate you, and would be hard pressed to comprehend much that is more despicable, but if that's the process taken then that would be a step taken within the process. If you don't have the people, the money, the time, the states to propose let alone pass such an amendment ... then leave it ALONE! The cowards who take office then refuse to uphold the Constitution (as written when they take their oath!) are the conniving parasites who are continually carving up the document as either bygone history or simply willfully ignoring the illegality of their actions. There is no way someone would attempt to amend something in the bill of rights, and no way that a measure would pass enough states to recall our right to bear arms ala the 21st ... It was meant to be difficult to pass amendments, and that's the way it should be. But ... the document and the process were created and intended to accept properly instituted changes.

Top Bottom