• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I am in Houston, TX this week, there is no OPEN carry here. I think that everyone should have the right if he or she wants to open or CC. I was at the camp site were I am staying OC from the truck to my tent and some bonehead comes over and lets me know you cant do that. I told him I already knew the law. I didnt know my mother came with me?

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    Back when I was in Texas in the 70's open carry was fine. Most did not but it was legal. We did all the time when hunting. Now concelled carry was not legal unless you met some silly rules. Like having a large amount of money on you. Back then 100 bucks was considered a large amount of money. So a lot of us carried a folded hundred dollar bill in our billfold.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I am in Houston, TX this week, there is no OPEN carry here. I think that everyone should have the right if he or she wants to open or CC. I was at the camp site were I am staying OC from the truck to my tent and some bonehead comes over and lets me know you cant do that. I told him I already knew the law. I didnt know my mother came with me?

Maybe he was trying to keep you from getting in trouble with the law?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

I actually prefer some things about Texas CCW law. Such as the required classroom training and range qualification.

Simply owning a gun and having an LTCH does not mean the carrier knows the law and what he can be liable for.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I grew up in the Union of Illinois Democrap Republics, in Kookcountystan, I'd rather be in Texas than there.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Its funny. Texas has a reputation for having the most liberal gun laws. People think everyone walks down the street with guns on their hips like cowboys. In reality, their laws are much more restrictive than ours in Indiana.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I thought knives under 5 inches were legal to carry in Chicago. Butterflies and switchblades aren't, obviously.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    We have a titanium spork. That wouldn't fall under the "metal forks and knives" rule right? I mean it really is more of a spoon.. really. :D

Oh, the old "spork" loophole. I'm sure our new administration will try to pass legislation to close that loophole. You'll be able to have a spoon, but it will have to be smooth without any sharp ridges that render it the ability to "stab" food, or people.:yesway:

ccordray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Be glad you weren't going into Canada, they'd have confiscated the sucker! Then again, you can't take Rogaine in the country. ;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom