Monroe County
    Plan_zps2c4515fc.png

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    People, I urge you to put riverparker on your ignore list.

Glad they caught the scumbags. It's too bad you arent getting the gun and stuff they threw out back though.

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    BOOYAH! Indeed.

Although, the family members of the people murdered with your grossly negligently stored firearm will probably feel different. Just saying.

I know y'all have taken care of him, but I have to jump in the pile. Grossly negligent?!? What is wrong with you. From the sounds of it, it was in a locked trunk of a vehicle. Probably the safest place it can be in a vehicle. Should he have kept it at home, completely field stripped, locked in its case which is locked in a safe, with the magazine and ammunition in a locked case in a Locked safe on the other side of the house? You astound me. I suppose the poor criminal should have charges dropped because he simply couldn't control himself, the weapon being so grossly negligently stored out of sight in a locked trunk and all.

RiverParker

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    So how is it that someone like this with only a hand full of post has so much Rep? Just asking!:dunno:

Cause a lot of people agree with me, but are afraid of being jumped on. And no, I'm not for the AWB. It's idiotic. My point is if it weren't for a legal gun owner not securing their weapons, we wouldn't even be talking about an AWB. I'm all for the 2nd, and think antbody that can legally own a firearm and wants to, should. Responsibly. But we still have people that won't/don't practice safe gun ownership. Plain and simple.

Like the alarmists like to keep asking "What? I'm supposed to have all my guns locked in a safe where I can't get to them when I need to?!?!" No, don't be an idiot. But, if you are not in control of those guns, then yes, they should be locked in a safe. When you're at home - by all means, have your safe unlocked, door wide open with every weapon loaded to the max, cocked and ready to fight off the hoardes of BG's a lot of the alarmists like to imagine are moments away from storming their compound. When you leave your home, lock 'em up. It's easy really.

The OP in this thread secured his firearm behind an 1/8" piece of glass! And everybody is giving him a pass on that. BS, it's extremely irresponsible. Gun owners that careless are the ones responsible for the current uproar for gun control. Most (almost all really) gun crimes are commited with stolen firearms. Firearms that should never have been stolen in the first place. If you're going to travel with your firearm to places that don't allow you to carry, then you have a trunk safe bolted to the inside of your trunk. Simple. They have some really decent ones. The one I have bolts up under the inside between the trunk hinges. Barely noticeable, especially to a thief who's trying to get in and get out as quickly as possible. My car gets broken into at least once a month outside my house. Not once has there been any evidence that they touched the safe or even noticed it for that matter.

What I'm trying to say is: Criminals gonna crim. It sucks! and it shouldn't happen. But it does. Gun owners are all worried about the BG's attacking them, hence the reason they own the firearm in the first place. So why aren't more gun owners equally worried about BG's getting their guns? An ounce of prevention would have saved us ALL a giant headache. Trust me, I'm sick to my stomach over the AWB. Seriously. Last year I gave my AR to my nephew for his 21st B-day. Been planning on getting another one (I gave it to him cause it had a 20" bbl, I wanted something shorter). Now it doesn't look like thats going to happen. So yeah, I'm sick over this.

In the end, we need to put as much thought into retaining our guns and keeping them out of the hands of BG's as we do into practicing "situational awareness" and tactics and training.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Cause a lot of people agree with me, but are afraid of being jumped on. And no, I'm not for the AWB. It's idiotic. My point is if it weren't for a legal gun owner not securing their weapons, we wouldn't even be talking about an AWB. I'm all for the 2nd, and think antbody that can legally own a firearm and wants to, should. Responsibly. But we still have people that won't/don't practice safe gun ownership. Plain and simple.

Like the alarmists like to keep asking "What? I'm supposed to have all my guns locked in a safe where I can't get to them when I need to?!?!" No, don't be an idiot. But, if you are not in control of those guns, then yes, they should be locked in a safe. When you're at home - by all means, have your safe unlocked, door wide open with every weapon loaded to the max, cocked and ready to fight off the hoardes of BG's a lot of the alarmists like to imagine are moments away from storming their compound. When you leave your home, lock 'em up. It's easy really.

The OP in this thread secured his firearm behind an 1/8" piece of glass! And everybody is giving him a pass on that. BS, it's extremely irresponsible. Gun owners that careless are the ones responsible for the current uproar for gun control. Most (almost all really) gun crimes are commited with stolen firearms. Firearms that should never have been stolen in the first place. If you're going to travel with your firearm to places that don't allow you to carry, then you have a trunk safe bolted to the inside of your trunk. Simple. They have some really decent ones. The one I have bolts up under the inside between the trunk hinges. Barely noticeable, especially to a thief who's trying to get in and get out as quickly as possible. My car gets broken into at least once a month outside my house. Not once has there been any evidence that they touched the safe or even noticed it for that matter.

What I'm trying to say is: Criminals gonna crim. It sucks! and it shouldn't happen. But it does. Gun owners are all worried about the BG's attacking them, hence the reason they own the firearm in the first place. So why aren't more gun owners equally worried about BG's getting their guns? An ounce of prevention would have saved us ALL a giant headache. Trust me, I'm sick to my stomach over the AWB. Seriously. Last year I gave my AR to my nephew for his 21st B-day. Been planning on getting another one (I gave it to him cause it had a 20" bbl, I wanted something shorter). Now it doesn't look like thats going to happen. So yeah, I'm sick over this.

In the end, we need to put as much thought into retaining our guns and keeping them out of the hands of BG's as we do into practicing "situational awareness" and tactics and training.

Wow. Well I certainly hope I don't end up getting raped because my bits and pieces are only secured behind some clothing! Of course it would be my own fault since I wasn't wearing a chastity belt though. I mean I should know better than to go anywhere in that condition. What if the OPs whole car had been stolen? Would it still be his fault for not putting a boot on the wheel upon exiting the vehicle? How about his house getting broken into? Would it be his own fault that things were stolen since, after all, they were only behind some thin glass? I agree that prevention is a good idea but I somehow don't believe that the gun was left sitting on the dashboard of an unlocked car in plain view.

RiverParker

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Wow. Well I certainly hope I don't end up getting raped because my bits and pieces are only secured behind some clothing! Of course it would be my own fault since I wasn't wearing a chastity belt though. I mean I should know better than to go anywhere in that condition. What if the OPs whole car had been stolen? Would it still be his fault for not putting a boot on the wheel upon exiting the vehicle? How about his house getting broken into? Would it be his own fault that things were stolen since, after all, they were only behind some thin glass? I agree that prevention is a good idea but I somehow don't believe that the gun was left sitting on the dashboard of an unlocked car in plain view.

Irrational posts like this are the reason why some gun owners are referred to as "nuts". Everytime you park your car you should have a reasonable expectation that it's going to get broken into, due to the prevalence of car burglaries, and you should take the neccessary precautions.

It's not about fault. Why do you morons keep going on about fault? It's NOT about being right or wrong. It's about being responsible.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Irrational posts like this are the reason why some gun owners are referred to as "nuts". Everytime you park your car you should have a reasonable expectation that it's going to get broken into, due to the prevalence of car burglaries, and you should take the neccessary precautions.

It's not about fault. Why do you morons keep going on about fault? It's NOT about being right or wrong. It's about being responsible.

First off, namecalling is a reaction to being wrong. I will leave it at that.

Secondly, if the car is locked. and the firearm is out of sight, it is secured.
    You can't just assume your car is going to be broken into, that's irrational. Taking the time to lock the doors and keep valuables out of sight is rational. It appears to me the OP took a reasonable course of action and you want to blame him for some douchebag stealing someone else's stuff.

From the looks of things the guy broke in and opened the trunk. Perhaps you should not make so many callous statements and assumptions next time :)

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010

So you have decided to stir the pot, and are going to postwhore someone's thread to do so?

Tell ya what buddy, you wanna talk about how you feel so many people are so irresponsible or whatever, start your own thread. And once you are there, I hope you find all sorts of people that feel the same way you do (but I doubt that will happen on this forum, you may have to take it to Twitter, or Facebook).

OP: I am glad that there is some quick justice taking place. Would be nice if your gun turned up in a pawn shop or something...

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton

"irrational". Yes OP. Buy an armored car with your insurance money. God knows I take a chance to steal anything I can get my hands on... given the opportunity. I do this and I am able to sleep at night knowing it is the owner's fault for not taking the necessary precautions. Because, barring the fact that the average person just shouldn't steal, clearly door locks and those flimsy factory windows just don't cut it. How ignorant all those people are... using door locks... lol. If you were smart, you would have drove home, dropped off all your belongings, threw on a set of old beater tires, uninstalled your radio and anything else not bolted down, and then returned to the location. That would really show those thieves!

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy

You must be a democrat.A scum bag broke into his car and it is his fault?I sure hope you are joking.If the gun was in plain sight I would agree but if it was in the trunk then you need to back off.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Update: Without going into detail as this is an open case. At 1am this morning a Speedway Officer (thanks to an INGO Member) located 3 individuals who admitted to the break in as well as striking 15 vehicles in Fishers. Only the dremel and Hazmat Gear were recovered and everything else is said to have been tossed in a dumpster which was empty on arrival. The Glock was apparently sold for drugs.

Thanks for all of your help! Be looking in your inboxes in early Spring for an official invite to eat some food!

Glad there is a resolution to this. Maybe not a happy one where everything was recovered, but at least the guy(s) that did got caught. Great job InGO!

Top Bottom