• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Im guilty of being a tinkerer, so I like guns I can tinker with. But I understand the basis of buying an upgraded version or model were you dont have to do any upgrades to get it were you want it. Nice choice on the M&P pro OP, hope to add one to my collection in the near future. An I agree the factory upgrades are a very nice feature.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I only tinker with a gun to get it to where it performs as I want, after that I'm a set it and forget it type. Continually changing it into different versions to me is silly.

I can barely tolerate changing a barrel on a shotgun.

Rather have two or more shotguns, or at worst, an extra barrel for one change only (no removal of scopes, changing stocks etc). Ex: my 870 Supermag turkey gun (vent rib 23"). I might unscrew the cap and slap a 30" vent rib bbl on it for geese- nothing else would change.

I have a TC Contender, and am not in favor of having 15 different barrels for it. I might get a .22 rf bbl for it, make it a squirrel rig, as it currently is set up for deer. That'd be the only changing I'd do.

If I want to get back into IHMSA I'll but another Contender, as my rifle version won't be getting switched back and forth to handgun.

Never understood the idea of "one gun do it all". How boring.

Hell, AFAIC it takes about 13 different rigs just to hunt much of what's in Indiana ;)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ah the endless trek for perfection. Just curious have you every bought a gun and was satisfied with it right out of the box?

Yep. No need to change it if it does what it is supposed to do. I learn how to manage the idiosyncrasies of the weapon—that is what makes it mine. With a full knowledge of my weapons, good ammo and training, I do not need lasers, or special triggers, or other mods.

Of course, I can always improve on my accuracy, reload speed, etc. I use the cash I save for ammo and training.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The only mods ive done to my firearms are black plastic to replace the wood on my ak (to match my glocks... I.E. "all black collection"), and xs big dots on my glocks with a ghost 3.5 trigger to make it just a bit more crisp. I say to each his own, but there is a point where making your gun a bit better turns into tacticoolness. Regardless, its your gun, not mine, and I approve of every individuals opinion/right to make their guns the way they want.

Top Bottom