• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    There was a graphic novel of Superman vs. Batman, The Dark Knight Returns; It was turned into an animated feature, and I think it's the prototype by which they've crafted this movie's plot. (Batsy won, FYI.)

[video=youtube;OYBClxNR_fU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBClxNR_fU[/video]

I still have this GN somewhere but haven't looked at it in years. Time to bust it out.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I'm planning on going to see it. Marvel has made a boatload of money on what many INGO's think are lame movies so why can't DC get in on the cash cow?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The difference is in Frank Miller's story, they are friends already. On this new movie, they're not acquainted at all. And throughout the fight, Clark was holding back for Bruce as he can take the beating. Bruce didn't win the fight, Clark just let him win it. Any fan of Superman knows that Clark/Kal always priorities human lives/friends rather than himself. Batman fans can't just see that but even on this animated movie, you can clearly see that Clark is holding back. The only downside/complaints fans made in MOS was Clark killing Zod. He had to and it's not the first time in comic history. Zod could not be stopped or contained. Zod was a military superman that had no plans of stopping in eradicating humans.

As for this new movie, no one knows what the story is, all they know is that aqua man, wonder woman, led luthor will be in it, it will be a prequel to Justice League and it's somewhat based on Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns". Also from the aftermath of MOS, the destruction that was left, people are divided whether to believe that an alien is there to help or cause mayhem. And with Clark being on earth, he's a magnet for antagonist, as history in comics have shown.

There was a graphic novel of Superman vs. Batman, The Dark Knight Returns; It was turned into an animated feature, and I think it's the prototype by which they've crafted this movie's plot. (Batsy won, FYI.)

[video=youtube;OYBClxNR_fU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBClxNR_fU[/video]

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    The problem with superman is that action comics rather made him a "god" from the start. He can do just about anything. Look at the x-men and later super heroes, they have marked weaknesses not just 1 type of rare asteroid...

I do really enjoy the darkness of Batman., but hes built on pure vengeance. Superman does differ in that he was raised human while being alien, it does raise some interesting points as to who "he" actually is. which is the identity and which is his "mask"?

Geek flag? sure, but I think superman could see/hear and prep for batman far before batman was within any technological range.

As for the movie eh, I'll watch it.

I wonder if Matt damon will show up?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    The problem with superman is that action comics rather made him a "god" from the start. He can do just about anything. Look at the x-men and later super heroes, they have marked weaknesses not just 1 type of rare asteroid...

I do really enjoy the darkness of Batman., but hes built on pure vengeance. Superman does differ in that he was raised human while being alien, it does raise some interesting points as to who "he" actually is. which is the identity and which is his "mask"?

Geek flag? sure, but I think superman could see/hear and prep for batman far before batman was within any technological range.

Yeah, supes has evolved a lot on pre-crisis, but they have depowered him. Same thing with Man of Steel. He was pretty much a noob. One thing that makes superman Superman is his will to fight and win to save lives and he always finds a way to overcome any adversities or any antagonist.

Supes is pretty much an earthling with a physiology of an alien. How he was brought up is who he is, not what he's capable of doing.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

But if it all just came down one day at random, I bet supes has not put together a plan and kit just in case he needed to drop batman. I guarantee you that batman has spent many sleepless nights putting together kit and plan just in case he needed to drop superman.

Superman is an alien with a human heart of gold. Batman is a vastly wealthy psychopath who takes his anger/regret/guilt out on people he can get away with hurting (bad guys).

In a boxing match, superman hands down. In a war, batman by a nose.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I love grannies and gramps!!!

[video=youtube;7bY0j5smPzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bY0j5smPzs&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Along with the Avengers: Civil War just more of Hollywood tearing down everything. Nothing can be good as it is, the progressive mantra is to assume everything is broken and needs to be fixed. :soapbox:

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I'm trying to understand this... This is a plain guy that is not a huge fan of make believe movies and I prefer history. The kid in me likes sci-fi movies and action . I just can not see the entertaining value of this so I probably wont see it in the theater's or rent it.
    I am not a huge fan of Batman or Superman but I cant see batman winning at all. Superman can fly , man of steel is super human, the bat is just a guy in a suit with gadgets, take batman up to the stratosphere drop him off and game over... AND 2nd point I cant believe that they made a movie over this... HELP.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    I'm trying to understand this... This is a plain guy that is not a huge fan of make believe movies and I prefer history. The kid in me likes sci-fi movies and action . I just can not see the entertaining value of this so I probably wont see it in the theater's or rent it.
    I am not a huge fan of Batman or Superman but I cant see batman winning at all. Superman can fly , man of steel is super human, the bat is just a guy in a suit with gadgets, take batman up to the stratosphere drop him off and game over... AND 2nd point I cant believe that they made a movie over this... HELP.

I can help you.

Don't watch it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Superman has always been hampered by the fact that our yellow sun cannot reach his brain. That's right, I said it. He's not that bright. Given his powersm if he were, he'd be invincible, but thankfully, he's of no more than average intelligence which allows for conflict in the movies.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I can't get excited for this. I think Zack Snyder is the worst director out there right now. His scenes are cliche and shallow. The action is monotonous. I don't like what they did with Superman, being a troubled and torn individual. Then, there's Ben Affleck as Batman. Can't get excited for it.
    Captain America Civil Wat, kinda looking forward to that one.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So-o-o-o-o Superman is ultra pissed about something and Batman is ultra pissed about something and they're going to take it out on each other with the requisite collateral damage to make it interesting? Is that about it? What are they pissed at each other about?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can't get excited for this. I think Zack Snyder is the worst director out there right now. His scenes are cliche and shallow. The action is monotonous. I don't like what they did with Superman, being a troubled and torn individual. Then, there's Ben Affleck as Batman. Can't get excited for it.
    Captain America Civil Wat, kinda looking forward to that one.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I'm just not feeling it.

ALSO: Go see Deadpool. Saw it last night, crude and hilarious.

Top Bottom