• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Superman is probably the lamest superhero in comic book history, especially pre infinity crisis. Yawn

ben affleck as batman? Yawn.

this has fail all over it.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Because if Christian Bale played Batman, everyone would know that he would beat Superman, with Ben Affleck in there......

I was always more Marvel oriented as a kid, as the characters always were a bit better IMO. Almost every Marvel character was flawed, had issues, etc. On the DC side, Batman did that with the Dark Knight graphic novel, etc, etc but I just could never get into the other characters.

That said, the Christian Bale played Batman series of movies were pretty good and I did like them. I have to think it would be a better movie with him than Ben Affleck, but apparently Christian Bale was done with the character, if the rumors were true about how much was offered and he still turned it down. I couldn't even make it 15 minutes into the DareDevil movie even though it was a Marvel based character.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    That said, the Christian Bale played Batman series of movies were pretty good and I did like them. I have to think it would be a better movie with him than Ben Affleck, but apparently Christian Bale was done with the character, if the rumors were true about how much was offered and he still turned it down. I couldn't even make it 15 minutes into the DareDevil movie even though it was a Marvel based character.

I'm glad Bale turned this down, it wouldn't have fit in the story line and it would have ruined the trilogy. I'm all for more Batman movies with him in it, just not this one.

The movie may have potential, the "False God" and the statue was kind of cool, but the whole "VS" movie series, they pretty much suck as a whole so I can't have hopes for this one

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There was a graphic novel of Superman vs. Batman, The Dark Knight Returns; It was turned into an animated feature, and I think it's the prototype by which they've crafted this movie's plot. (Batsy won, FYI.)

[video=youtube;OYBClxNR_fU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBClxNR_fU[/video]

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Well, the movie doesn't look to be all that great, and the concept is so ridiculous that it couldn't work no matter what actor played what character. :rolleyes:

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Have not red a comic book in 30 yrs. I don't get it, couldn't Superman just lop his head off so fast that Batman would not even know it? Or throw a truck at him from 5 miles away?

Or is this one of those, ohhh I can't harm anyone and will just let Batman beat me up things.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Have not red a comic book in 30 yrs. I don't get it, couldn't Superman just lop his head off so fast that Batman would not even know it? Or throw a truck at him from 5 miles away?

Or is this one of those, ohhh I can't harm anyone and will just let Batman beat me up things.

The theory is that Batman can beat anyone, given prep time. Usually if a villan gets the drop on him, he gets his butt kicked. After the initial buttkickery, he goes to the bat cave, changes the gadgets on his belt and presto, the bat wins. I'm sure that's the basic storyline in this flick

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    So. . . .it would seem the Bat/Super nerds have no idea what the storyline is but don't want to be seen as the uber geeks they are for lusting so heartily after a movie they have no earthly idea what it's about thus ridiculing those of us with a legitimate question about their favorite "under the covers with a flashlight so mom doesn't know what I'm doing" pastime??

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So. . . .it would seem the Bat/Super nerds have no idea what the storyline is but don't want to be seen as the uber geeks they are for lusting so heartily after a movie they have no earthly idea what it's about thus ridiculing those of us with a legitimate question about their favorite "under the covers with a flashlight so mom doesn't know what I'm doing" pastime??

?

I'll wait for it to come out in Red box. That's my standard operating procedure with DC based comic movies.

Top Bottom