• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    So I went to Bass Pro the other day at lunch to look around and happened to stop by the gun section to see what they have. Then I looked at the prices they had marked! I just got a new Ruger P345 a few weeks ago at my local gun shop for $460 and the price on the same thing at Bass Pro was $550!!!

Does anyone actually buy guns at Bass Pro?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    So I went to Bass Pro the other day at lunch to look around and happened to stop by the gun section to see what they have. Then I looked at the prices they had marked! I just got a new Ruger P345 a few weeks ago at my local gun shop for $460 and the price on the same thing at Bass Pro was $550!!!

Just about everything at Bass Pro is overpriced, but they carry a lot of merchandise. If you want it and want it now, it is the place to go. Their pistol selections are limited. I've never seen a SA 1911 or many other popular guns. Dick's in Clarksville is close to the Bass Pro. I can usually get shooting accessories and long guns cheaper at Dick's.

jkwparrott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Corydon, IN
    I took a look at Dick's too but they don't have very much in the shooting department. I wasn't overly impressed by either place. I think I'd rather just go to Gun World in Corydon.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    I purchased a long gun from Bass Pro because they were the only people that had what I wanted in stock... i got them to match the price from Buds. So I was pretty happy with that, but i didnt like how they constantly annoyed me about signing up for a credit card.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Anybody shop Academy Sports? They are building a store about 45 miles from me. Do they have good prices? I prefer my 2 LGS, but they don't carry much except seasonal stuff.

Dargasonus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    There are some supplies I'll pick up at Bass Pro, but my last gun purchase was $50 less at a LGS (Gun World in Corydon). I like to go look and nose around, but I usually leave nearly empty handed.

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Just about everything at Bass Pro is overpriced, but they carry a lot of merchandise. If you want it and want it now, it is the place to go. Their pistol selections are limited. I've never seen a SA 1911 or many other popular guns. Dick's in Clarksville is close to the Bass Pro. I can usually get shooting accessories and long guns cheaper at Dick's.

If you're already in that area you might as well go over to Kiesler's. They'll do you better than the chain stores and you're supporting a local business.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If you're already in that area you might as well go over to Kiesler's. They'll do you better than the chain stores and you're supporting a local business.
    It's not Kiesler's anymore. Hasn't been for a few years. Actually my favorite shops in this area are (not in order of preference) Triple G Gun Gallery in Greenville, Fall City Firearms, in Clarksville and HiTek in Sellersburg.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Anybody shop Academy Sports? They are building a store about 45 miles from me. Do they have good prices? I prefer my 2 LGS, but they don't carry much except seasonal stuff.
    Just where is the new Academy Sports being built? Sorry, I saw that you now live in Georgia.

Last edited:

RandomName

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    It's not Kiesler's anymore. Hasn't been for a few years. Actually my favorite shops in this area are (not in order of preference) Triple G Gun Gallery in Greenville, Fall City Firearms, in Clarksville and HiTek in Sellersburg.

Yeah, I know its Orien Arms, and I probably spelled that wrong. I'm so used to it being Kiesler's I still refer to it as such, and I think the Kiesler's sign is still up.

I also like 256 Sport/Garden outside of Austin. Its a little shop, but he's got good prices and Dale is honest and knowledgable.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs

No. Those guns are just to look at and hold. You're not suppose to actually buy them. The people you see buying guns are just actors.
    Silly.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I bought a Super Redhawk Alaskan at Bass Pro a few years ago, at that time, they were THE only place within 150 miles of me that had one, and it was priced right along with what others were asking. I'm thinking I got somewhere in the area of $60 worth of points on my Bass pro member card, which equaled out to me getting the gun for $60 less than what other places were charging, if they had even had the gun I wanted. So, you can get a decent deal there occasionally.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I know a few gun shops that are as bad as bp. Cosners in bedford wants 200.00 dollars more for a kimber i just paid 937.00 for. Daves in holland is slightly high too. Only thing is, is they have the guns, and alot of them. If you want a gun right now they probably have it.

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    I go to bass pro to look around and hold a few guns. Once in awhile they can have decent prices on things but as most have said their prices tend to be on the high side. Just shop around if you have time its what I have found works best.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I live close to a Bass Pro and would never buy a gun from them unless I wanted to pay list price or higher. I found the sales prices are still higher than anyone else.

Last edited:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I bought my Ruger 10/22 take down there. It was exactly the same price as what I'd seen it other places even when they were still tough to find. I also had some gift cards. Just depends on availability and price...you have to do your research.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Cabelas blows Bass Pro out of the water when it comes to gun selection. Both can be expensive and I can usually find it cheaper at a LGS or a gun show. But they are great places to do some fondling... of guns, of course.

Top Bottom