• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    How has the bass fishing been for everyone this past month? We have a cabin on lake tippie and on saturday I produced 7 bass, 2 of which were in the 3lb range. I caught all of my fish on baby brush hogs, one of my go to baits for bass.

brg1966

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Muncie
    I haven't got to a lot of fishing this year. I was wading the river a week ago and not one bite. I think all the rain has slowed them down.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    All the local spots (farm ponds and a few 60 + acer lakes) I have on the southside. Have not been good at all. Alot of them got hit hard by the floods and it's showing. Low fish count and tons of carp.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    Took my boy Sunday evening. We caught 5 last night between 1.5 and about 3 pounds. The other guy and daughter we were with caught 4 in the same size range. We caught them on Rapalas, spinner baits, and purple touch-down worms on a farm pond. Here's a couple of pics. I caught the channel cat on a 3" Rapala floating minnow! Wow, what a surprise that was!

2010-08-01180659.jpg

IMG00194-20100801-1708.jpg

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I havent been fishing too much this summer due to the extreme heat and or all the rain. I am skunked for the year thus far. Not a single fish have I caught. Fisrt time ever for me so far.
    I took my neice (6) today over to a lake that used to be a pay lake a long time ago to catch some bluegill and she was the only one who caught one.
    I am still skunked.
    You know times are tough on fishing when a 6yr old little girl outfishes you and it was only her second time fishing. She actually caught it herself and reeled it in. I was a very proud Aunt.:D

rugernut65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Vermillion county
    ive been fishing 3 times this summer and the hannel cats are hitting awsome caught 7 bass on my favorite lure one 4.6 and one 3.5 lb on my favorite lure snagproof supercurly channelcat hit it also weighed 3lb

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    All my spots

We have been catching them around 4:30AM to 9:30-10:00AM
    After that,
    you just as well go hang your poles untill 6:30PM untill 9:30 then tie on some top water bang bang:rockwoot:

These times have been effective for all the spots we like to go to.
    The creeks, if they are not flooded, have been good all day around. "after a few days of no rain"

Baits used

Green and
    Brown Jigs
    8-10'' worms green, black/green, white
    white/green spinner and buzz baits
    Zman Chatter Baits
    chrome rattle traps
    Jitter bugs
    Ribbit top water frogs

:twocents:INDYK

Last edited:

yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    bass fishing has been awesome on some of the ponds i fish. just as it starts to rain and right after with a buzz bait has been producing from 2lbs to 7lbs. not sure if it has any impact but these ponds i fish are stream fed. i fish just off the mouth where it hits the pond. also caught a nice 2.5lbs smallmouth in mansfield when it was really flooded, alot other small white bass and crappie as well.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Nice pictures. The fishing this year has been some of the best fishing ive had thus far. Ive caught bass early morning, mid day, and late in the evening. Over the weekend I caught all of my bass from 2 pm to 4 pm. After 4pm they shut down. Go figure.

Top Bottom