• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I can see you dinning on skunk butt....really I can. Beer in one hand....raw butt in the other.

Seriously, even dried out skunk butt (smokes) will be worth something in a SHTF scenario. Go a week with none and the weak who can not stop will smoke rolled underwear if they have to.
    Guess I am not that weak, I would smoke the rolled underwear first and trade the stale old cigs

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Cigarettes, Condoms, Chapstick, Soap, makeup, bandages, and socks will be gold!

Some of these are highly perishable and wont last long though. Socks would be a good thing to stock up on. Chapstick or petroleum jelly would be another.

Vanity, Sex, and Vices won't go anywhere...

Sounds like everything I wish I had brought along more of on a two week backpacking trip...minus the make up.

Spend all day everyday outside or moderately exposed and any kind of chapstick is golden.

I will add to my short list paper towels. Once the laundry machines break down they'll be a hot item

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Why has no one mentioned feminine hygiene products? I now it's not a "manly" subject, but in a SHTF situation, toiletries are hot items including stuff for the women folk among us. Also tire patch kits, fire starters, regular meds like tylenol/advil/motrin etc. In a real SHTF situation comfort items will be worth way more than any currency, even gold or silver.

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    i went on a cruise once and watched guys rolling cigars in key west and i thought it looked fun and easy so i grew a 1/2 acre of tobacco and tried it. not so easy after all. so now i have a few hundred pounds of tobacco in trash bags hanging in the barn. i rolled a few smokes with it this summer to see if it was still good and it tasted the same as it did. so so by the way. i also let 50 plants or so goto seed so i would have seeds to plant again if i ever want too. i probably have 5 million seeds of 5 different varieties of tobacco for barter.

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    i went on a cruise once and watched guys rolling cigars in key west and i thought it looked fun and easy so i grew a 1/2 acre of tobacco and tried it. not so easy after all. so now i have a few hundred pounds of tobacco in trash bags hanging in the barn. i rolled a few smokes with it this summer to see if it was still good and it tasted the same as it did. so so by the way. i also let 50 plants or so goto seed so i would have seeds to plant again if i ever want too. i probably have 5 million seeds of 5 different varieties of tobacco for barter.

Awesome idea, especially the seeds.

tobi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    I would rather concentrate on what I need. If I have extra, I can barter with that.

Volt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Southport
    There is always the e-cig option for those who are looking for a way to guarantee that you will get your nicotine fix when the SHTF. You can store the disposable type which can be purchased in bulk direct from China which could be a nice barter item depending on shelf life. A more realistic option is to have e-cig equipment and materials to make your own e-juice and be able to charge your batteries using a small solar charger.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

About a week ago I was speaking with a gentleman who had done several tours in the Middle East with the 101st. He said it was amazing what could be done with a babywipes or handywipes.

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom