• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    your best bet is an online co called tornado tech. they have a wait time sometimes but they never have issues, at least not that i have heard, and do superb work. another bet that i have used in the past is a guy in ark. or tenn? his website is here : 25thCTC SKS Buffer Berloque Pinfire SKS Recoil Buffer he does great work as well and very affordable. he has done a mark 2 ruger upper, a buckmark and a bersa 22lr barrel cut and thread for me. good guy, no baffle strikes. as far as locally goes, dunno

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Not even close to Bloomington, but for others; Ray Saltzman of Saltzman Gun Works in Tipton does exceedingly fine work. . .

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    You could try Jeff Amato. I think he was close to Bloomington. He is an excellent machinest and has build several match M1 Garands for me. He was a crane armorer last I knew. However, I haven't talked to him for 4 or 5 years.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I checked with him, and he said he said he doesn't do it anymore. I should check with Chuck's Gunsmithing here in town.

I try to avoid chuck if at all possible. have you tried AJ brown in bloomfield? I know he builds world class rifles but don't know about threading.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've never dealt with Chuck, but everyone say's he is really SLOW. I'll check out the A J Brown. Thanks.

aj is building my rifle as we speak. i think you will be hard pressed to find anyone local or national for that matter that comes higher recomended.

(im not sure what proper english is for "higher recomended" but you get the drift)

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    aj is building my rifle as we speak. i think you will be hard pressed to find anyone local or national for that matter that comes higher recomended.

(im not sure what proper english is for "higher recomended" but you get the drift)

+1 A.J. brown is the :poop: check him out at the 1500 he is always there with a plethora of exceptionally nice rifles. IIRC he is here on INGO to.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    when deciding who to have build my rifle i did threads on numerious forums asking who was the best. i was willing to have it build anywhere and 2 names were constantly comming up as answers to who was the best.

gap
    aj brown

i went with aj brown for 2 reasons

the main reason because when i call the shop i want to talk to the man doing the work, not somone who will pass info on. when you call aj you talk to him.

the least important reason was keeping money in indiana. its a added bonus but i wanted my rifle to go to the best more than keeping money semi local

Top Bottom