Barrel & Mag polish done!! Lots of eye candy!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    Pictures can never give anything justice, but I tried to show it off!! The mags show a stock M&P 10rd vs my polish job on a 10rd mag. I will be honest, this took me a LONG time to do, but very pleased with the end results!!

DSC01055.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01066.jpg

DSC01067.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01073.jpg

DSC01075.jpg

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Looks great.. The only thing I can see wrong is, SERIOUSLY, WHO HAS BIG ENOUGH HANDS THAT THEY NEED A PACMYER CONDOM ON AN M&P .45?!?!?!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    What did you use to polish it?

Dremel, cotton polish wheel, Meguiars Polishing Compound, Blue Magic Metal Polish Creme (the best IMO), and a lot of time.

I debated on the soaking in vinegar thing to help remove the black coating, but after reading about possible pitting and not wanting to get vinegar into the inside of my barrel, I opted against it. I am sure there is something you can use to help remove the black coating a lot faster than what I did, but I figured if anything polish will not hurt my barrel or remove any "steel".

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    So what did you use to remove the Black finish? Or did it come off in the polishing process. Looks really cool. Id like to try that on mine when i get it home. Thanks for posting!

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City
    So what did you use to remove the Black finish? Or did it come off in the polishing process. Looks really cool. Id like to try that on mine when i get it home. Thanks for posting!

The black came off during the polishing process. It was time consuming, but yielded great results without damaging the barrel.

CCF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    1sr of WOW!!!! That is awesome! I could never do that, nor do I have the machinery to do so. I would love to have something like that done to my slide! Did you do this? If not who did?

I did it to cut weight out of the slide for a competitive shooter. Helps control recoil etc... I can do it for you or even something different if you want.

Top Bottom