• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I've read several of the news releases about "disruptive mobs" at town hall meetings, "political terrorists" "disassociated members of society", "the good old days when 10-15 friends showed up for townhall meetings" etc. There are some words in the opening lines of a famous document that might better describe these political terrorists et al. . . . . .WE THE PEOPLE!!!! The D.C. insiders have no idea who WE are so to be reminded by so many so suddenly has them worried. Maybe this is the "sleeping giant" that Hirohito spoke of. Sad when a foriegn power recognizes the might of the American people and we couldn't see it if it walked across the street and bi*** slapped us:dunno:

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Guys I've watched Baron Hill for years and he's very good at voting conservative on things that don't matter, He'll vote conservative when he know's the bill will get defeated somewhere else,

But He is a Liberal Democrat when the Vote counts, if you watch real close he's as liberal as they get. But he's fooled Hoosiers for years, I for one would like to see him gone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Jblomenberg16, thank you for answering my questions that I posed to you.

I am not thin-skinned enough to be offended by Mr. Hill's comments, I am just baffled by his reasoning in describing citizens in the way that he did. I have to force myself, at times, to remember that I may not like what is being said, but people have a right to say what they want under 1A.

To look at the bigger picture of what is going on in the USA, I see rising rhetoric and vitriol because some of our elected officials have actually begun to understand how tenuous and fragile their elected positions are - that they can be replaced "easily" at the next election, and that they can be held accountable for their actions or inactions while in office.

Again, I do not live in Mr. Hill's district, but I have never heard nice comments from the few persons that I know that live there. It is nice, for me, to hear from others that do live in his district to try to get a fuller picture of what he actually stands for or against versus what I have heard from a few friends.

Good discussion, people! And +1 for the civility exhibited in this thread.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Again, I do not live in Mr. Hill's district, but I have never heard nice comments from the few persons that I know that live there. It is nice, for me, to hear from others that do live in his district to try to get a fuller picture of what he actually stands for or against versus what I have heard from a few friends.

I have, unfortunately, lived in his district. Take a look at those last links I posted. Hill gets a pass from the very liberal papers in Bloomington and down on the river, few in district know how really corrupt he is. A lot of his remaining good will comes from bygone basketball days. Even in college though, he admitted in the '70's that he accepted illicit payments for playing. He hasn't changed, but hides the slime well.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Maybe I'm the only one in the 9th district that isn't compeltely ready to throw him to the wolves then. Sounds like the next election will be pretty predictable then! :D

I've been trying really hard to surpress any emotion I might have in actually knowing the guy personally, and base my decisions on as much factual data as I can find.

I can say that there are things he's done that I don't agree with, but I'll also say that he was the only Democrat that I voted for in the last series of elections, and that was based on the research that I'd done on all 3 candidates running for that seat.

I'll have to do a little reading about Todd Young. I've seen a few of his ads lately, but don't know too much about him yet.

And I'll still hold firm, that while we all may have differing opinions, at least for the time being we still have the opportunity to have our voice heard through the election process.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Hill co-sponsored a $650 million program for the digital tv fiasco after the original $1.34 BILLION program ended up not being enough - $2 BILLION for tv boxes. Hill voted for Cap & Trade, saying he had read the whole bill, even though Waxman dumped an extra 300 pages at 3:00am that morning! My guess is that, being one of the final "Blue Dog" Dems, Baron is feeling cocky and the only reason he held out was to extort more favors from the National Party come election time. How is it that many other Congress people are holding Townhall meetings (Pence is already on his 5th!) and some are even unruly ones, but that goes with the territory!
    At the very least, Hill owes us the courtesy of at least TRYING to explain this 1000+ page fiasco to us, let alone show the courage to stand up to those that disagree with him. To hide behind the excuse of wanting to "control" the meeting, then referring to me as a political terrorist because I might raise my voice because I feel lied to, is an insult and a slap in the face. This is a very telling display of this man's true character, and let the cards fall where they may.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You certainly may ask me a question, and it is a fair one. Again, I must have read the article differently than most, as I think in context he wasn't calling all people political terrorists. I didn't read anything in the article that said "all people in the 9th District are political terrorist."
    snip

No, he didn't call all his constituents political terrorists. Just those engaged in peaceful, albeit vigorous, political speech he happens to disagree with.

He very carefully did not call those folks engaging in violent acts to support political viewpoints he agrees with terrorists.

Top Bottom