• ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The link got me a no show! :(

If Remington buys Barnes, that could be good or bad. I understand your concern! The idea of a larger group controlling all of a smaller one is a bad idea, particularly in business. However, Barnes bullets are pretty expensive, especially their all copper ones for handguns. But they work and work well. Look at all the big game bullets (for my .460 Weatherby :D ) or the smaller handgun ones (.40 DPX). All work EXCEPTIONAL, but are highly expensive. Maybe putting them under a large scale roof would help out in the cost department... maybe? But, then again, it would be a large scale company calling the shots on a small, niche operation that makes a great, albeit expensive product. Yargh if this means price increase! Yeay! if this means a new product line for Remington: Remington Copper Sabre ammo? :D

standeford

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Barnes doesn't have any serious competition in all-brass hunting bullets, at least not in performance. I don't imagine Remington will be too motivated to drop prices.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Fixed the link.

Remington has no say as they are also owned by Freedom group. Cerberus, a multinational consortium of big money investors, controls Freedom group. This leaves only a handful of companies that aren't owned by either Cerberus or ATK. Cerberus Capitol are the owners of Chrysler Corp also, if that tells you anything.

Mike_M

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Beautiful Milan
    Anybody else think it curious that a company (Cerberus), named after one of the dogs of he!!, is in the ammo/firearms business? Does the name Damien Thorn ring a bell?????

LOL

Kimber7man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lawrence
    I've got this part of my brain that keeps saying, "they're just buying them up and then will just shut the factories down"...

Hopefully that's the creative side of my brain and not the realistic side....

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    Could be interesting - I know Remington has a pretty extensive line of copper-solid shotgun slugs. They could extend the spectrum of loaded copper ammunition even further.

Top Bottom