Bare foot in the snow, how far can you go?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Every year I make the gesture of doing my outside evening animal feedings bare foot and in the snow, just so I dont forget how good we have it. Normally this takes 4or 5 minutes barefoot day less than 2min. Anyone else chance their tootsies? And for how far? My dad always shared the story of a fellow he grew up with who helped them fix a cattle fence standing in ankle deep water for 10min then stood there in the snow holding his boots so they wouldnt get wet and shot the bull. Im not there yet but its impressive.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    never tried it.. because my neighbors would probably take pictures and call the HOA, but i'd guess I would totally suck at it.

just like walking on gravel.. I kinda just want to cry, and others take off running across the drive! :n00b:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I spend a lot of time barefoot as I work and live in the woods. I can almost run down the gravel drive. In warm snow (days when it's above freezing but there's snow on the ground) I can walk barefoot on it to the mailbox and back (about 600' each way). So about 5 minutes. I don't do it on really cold days because frostbite is a real possibility.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm tender footed myself. I've tried to change that as much as possible in the warm months, without a lot of success.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    old-man-running-winter.jpg

old-man-walk-in-snow-ca.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    out to start the car and feed/water ...... maybe 5 min and by then i am wondering if frostbite has set in ....... and then do it again the next day

whats the cliche definition of insanity : "doing the same thing over and over , yet expecting a different result"

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Every year I make the gesture of doing my outside evening animal feedings bare foot and in the snow, just so I dont forget how good we have it. .

How good we have it relative to who? footwear has been around a long long time. That said I HATE the cold and can't last more than walking across the patio to my hot tub:D

boaboy04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    My wife wont let me go outside and try this experiment, but if i had to gess maybe about 4 or 5 minutes.

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    It sound stupid but I hate wearing shoes unless I have too. I walk outside nearly everyday barefoot and after doing it for years it doesnt bother me. You may call it lazyness but I dont want to put on shoes for just 10 or 15 mns. I guess its just the hillbilly in me coming out.

Top Bottom