• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Folks need to dump BOF for many many reasons, with the gun aspect the iceing on the cake. Find a local community bank or credit union. Any large bank is a good idea to stay away from.

Completely agree. Many good options out there that offer the same level of service (if not better) than the big banks.

Boiler1529

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Nwi
    My gf is in the banking field and does nothing but complain about bofa and their lack of professionalism when she has to deal with them. I'll have to share this with her to just fuel her hatred.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Somebody is lying to cover their ass, and I tend to lean toward it being BoA..

:+1:

I'm betting they're losing more business and/or getting more backlash than they expected. They probably assumed that since most gun owners are quiet and mind their own business that this wouldn't affect them.

brandonq2

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Montgomery county
    I'm no fan of BofA, but something tells me there's more to this story that what we're hearing from McMillan.

NRA-ILA | Bank Of America Clarifies Position

Article posted May 28, 2010. It appears that the NRA should re-visit it's position to " monitor business activities to ensure that gun owners and gun related business receive fair treatment." I think this article from 2 years ago just confirms that this has been an ongoing issue.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Article posted May 28, 2010. It appears that the NRA should re-visit it's position to " monitor business activities to ensure that gun owners and gun related business receive fair treatment." I think this article from 2 years ago just confirms that this has been an ongoing issue.

Excellent observation.. I didnt notice the date myself.

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Apparently this was posted by BoA via Facebook (I don't Facebook so ...):
    We want to let you know that we hear your comments and questions regarding one of our customers. While we cannot discuss the details of any individual client we work with, we can assure you the allegations being made here are completely false. Bank of America does not have a policy that prohibits us from banking clients in this industry. In fact, we have numerous, longstanding customers in the industry.
    We are also extremely proud of our support of the US military and reject any assertion to the contrary. We count as clients many companies that provide for our nation’s defense. We employ thousands of veterans, Guardsmen, and Reservists, and plan to increase our hiring this year.

jmdavis984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Greenfield
    Folks need to dump BOF for many many reasons, with the gun aspect the iceing on the cake. Find a local community bank or credit union. Any large bank is a good idea to stay away from.

+1 on a locally owned community bank. They can't afford to turn customers away, and the service is always great. I've banked small and local since I've had a bank account, and they get the same rates for $ as all the big guys.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I just cancelled my B O A credit account. They wanted to know why. The lady at the bank said she had never heard of it and would get back with me asap. My savings acct. was $3970.43. Checking acct. was $1933.02. She says," if I can get this cleared up will you bring your business back with us?" I told her I'd think about it. Since, I opened an acct. with a Credit Union in my town. BOA, I'm waiting!!!

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I just cancelled my B O A credit account. They wanted to know why. The lady at the bank said she had never heard of it and would get back with me asap. My savings acct. was $3970.43. Checking acct. was $1933.02. She says," if I can get this cleared up will you bring your business back with us?" I told her I'd think about it. Since, I opened an acct. with a Credit Union in my town. BOA, I'm waiting!!!

Many other reasons to leave BOA besides the McMillian deal.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Apparently this was posted by BoA via Facebook (I don't Facebook so ...): We are also extremely proud of our support of the US military and reject any assertion to the contrary. We count as clients many companies that provide for our nation’s defense. We employ thousands of veterans, Guardsmen, and Reservists, and plan to increase our hiring this year.

I know you didn't write this so it isn't directed at you but what does that have to do with being anti-Gun?

Are vets, guardsmen and reservists the "only ones professional enough in this room to handle a Glock Fotay??"

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Are we sure this is real? This is the most poorly written letter from a director of operations that I have ever seen. Makes me wonder about it's validity.
    boa, has a "special program" for ILLEGAL aliens, to get CREDIT..... Heard that on Paul Harveys' show, several years ago ..... THAT is enough for ME NOT to do ANY bus. w/ them .....:twocents:

cordex

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    I know you didn't write this so it isn't directed at you but what does that have to do with being anti-Gun?

Are vets, guardsmen and reservists the "only ones professional enough in this room to handle a Glock Fotay??"
    While I didn't write it, I think it probably is to address the folks who are pointing to McMillan's work with the military and implying that BoA's closing McMillan's accounts is a sign of them being anti-military.

Top Bottom