• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    IN Focus: Budget proposal for police body cameras | Fox 59

Mayor Greg Ballard will ask the City-County Council to find funding for more police body cameras on Monday, when he presents his proposed 2016 budget to the Council.

Well, where should we look?

Advance Indiana?: Ballard Illegally Transferred $6.8 Million Out Of IMPD Fund For Spite

[FONT=Arial, Tahoma, Helvetica, FreeSans, sans-serif].... [/FONT]Ballard was then caught transferring $6 million from the parking meter fund to pay for his sweetheart exclusive electric car sharing deal with Blue Indy, a newly-formed company owned by the French company, Bollore. Ballard was also caught illegally transferring close to $300,000 from the storm water fund to pay for his illegal, 7-year, $32 million lease agreement with Vision Fleet to lease more than 400 electric and hybrid cars. The City-County Council has gone to court to void that lease ...
    Council members have just learned that Ballard illegally transferred $6.8 million from the IMPD fund, effectively wiping out funds that would have otherwise been available to pay the appropriation approved by the council...

Absolutely disgusting.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Marion County law enforcement swims in money and the first thing Ballard does is steal some of it for coal-powered cars?

images

Maybe my county pissing away couch change on a feckless MRAP isn't such a bad idea.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He seems to be doing a very good job for the people he actually serves. Bic city political machines and public/private partnerships.

This is true. Allow me to amend: How about getting a mayor who is worth a damn for the citizens of Indianapolis?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    At my house I am the mayor. That big city living just ain't all its cracked up to be.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Marion County law enforcement swims in money and the first thing Ballard does is steal some of it for coal-powered cars?

Maybe my county pissing away couch change on a feckless MRAP isn't such a bad idea.

this is the first I've heard that you got the feckless version!

An MRAP without any feck is utterly useless!!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Ah, don't worry. The next Mayor will likely be a "law enforcement" enthusiast from the Democrats who will run right out and buy IMPD all sorts of toys and not worry where the money will come from. And of course, he won't have any pet projects of his own to fund along the way . . .

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I'm not a big fan of Ballard's social-spending policies, and this last couple years in office has highlighted my discontent, but I also remember that he was the Mayor who finally addressed the Police & Fire Pension shortfalls and has generally managed to run the county in a fiscally-conservative way for six of his eight years - even longer if you posit that he believes that electric vehicles Downtown will draw additional revenue to offset their cost. Political decisions will continue to haunt the finances of Marion County for years to come; this sort of crap is only the beginning.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The next Mayor will likely be a "law enforcement" enthusiast from the Democrats who will run right out and buy IMPD all sorts of toys and not worry where the money will come from.

I'll have you know, good sir, that Joe Hogsett's father was in a motor vehicle accident. Thus, Joe is completely qualified to be Mayor of Indianapolis.

Top Bottom